Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1750 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone that buys on slingmods...

I had bought an item off slingmods that I cancelled same day. I emailed them saying I'd like to cancel. I received an email after EOD saying I could not cancel since it had already been shipped.

I got the item with free shipping, awesome. I emailed them back saying if I could return the item. They did not provide a return shipping label they said just to email them back the tracking info. I thought okay maybe the shipping will be cheap. Come to find out shipping is $91. So I'd be out close to $100 and not have the item. I contacted my bank who also got in contact with them, they told me the rep at slingmods was unwilling to help.

Tl;Dr if you purchase something on slingmods and need to cancel be prepared to pay the return shipping if they don't cancel your order in time.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
A lot of us have dealt with www.SlingMod.com since the very beginning. They have always worked very hard to kept a good positive line of communication. My dealing have always come out on the positive side for me. Minor problems were always taken care of.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't know of any company expect Amazon that pays for shipping for returns on orders that people change there minds on. Cant expect them to pay for are mistakes! I thank SlingMods is a great company to do work with.
Company wouldn't stay in business long paying shipping for returns when we just change are minds.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I don't know of any company expect Amazon that pays for shipping for returns on orders that people change there minds on. Cant expect them to pay for are mistakes! I thank SlingMods is a great company to do work with.
Company wouldn't stay in business long paying shipping for returns when we just change are minds.
I agree.

They are a great company that has good pricing and ship fast. Just because you changed your mind, doesn't mean they are a bad company.

What did you order?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I've been dealing with SlingMods for a while, have never had an issue that they haven't addressed to my satisfaction. But then again, I haven't canceled an order hours after making it. I research my order and vendor, check around and make an order when I'm sure. Leads me to think you:
a) found it for a few $ cheaper somewhere else
b) had buyer's remorse and really didn't want it
c) S/O got ticked and made you cancel

Think of this from the vendor's perspective. He thought he had a sale. He provided "free" shipping, although it's not free to him, he still had to pay to ship it to you. They're cutting profit somewhere to make that happen. Then you cancel and ask for "free" shipping return. He's lost a sale AND has to pay shipping in BOTH directions because you changed your mind. This isn't WalMart. These vendors have a small operation by comparison, staff and facilities they have to pay out, and very thin profit margins.

If there had been a real problem or defect with whatever you ordered, I have no doubt they would have jumped on making it right. Simply changing your mind...... nah.

Gotta side with SlingMods on this one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It seems the majority of you are jumping out of your seats to vouch for slingmods, if you look at my post you'll see its relatively neutral and the tl;dr gives potential buyers an idea of what they can expect and to be cautious and not make the same mistake I did. Also, lets be real, no one selling parts for slingshots have 'small profit margins' (scoff). Im willing to be the actual part is probably $260 + $90 shipping sold for $350 free shipping. Don't know, don't really care, buyers beware ;)

For the curious, I ordered carbon fiber upper wings that I thought needed to be replaced turns out they were just 4 bolts that needed repositioning.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,153 Posts
Some places charge a restocking fee when items are returned, especially when you change your mind. They are still out the cost of shipping it to you.
I ordered a part a to arrive before Maggie Valley event a year ago, it arrived on time but had a bad part and needed replaced. Slingmods sent it to Maggie with their rep so I would have it for the event. Try to get that kind of service from many vendors.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Tl;Dr if you purchase something on slingmods and need to cancel be prepared to pay the return shipping if they don't cancel your order in time.
Thanks for the post Jason. Something to think about no matter where you order from online. Especially during the holiday season when we are ordering more online than we are buying at a physical store.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm on the fence with this one.
Many mail order companies have a
"100% Satisfaction Guarantee"
A prepaid label for returns will come with the order with some. However, this is a big item with costly return expense. If it was a defective part, I would hope they would have covered the shipping.
I have returned a couple of items from Slingmods that went bad, or didn't work. Twice they sent me a replacement before they received the one from me. Small items though, I didn't ask for a return label.
In all, I've been more than satisfied with them.
I will certainly buy from them again.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I thank what everybody is saying is don't blame somebody else for your mistakes.
If you screw up just learn from it and go on!
Terms & Conditions

I know, that this opinion will be contrary to modern society's way of thinking where it is always somebody else's fault......................

We have all been here and done this in some form where in this particular case I do not look at this as a mistake, but taking responsibility for one's own actions. As soon as I order an item, pay for it, and it is shipped, the item then becomes the property, and the responsibility, of the buyer, namely me. Most vendors will take an item back and fully refund the buyer when the item is returned in original condition as shipped, but the responsibility of getting the item back to the vendor rightfully is the responsibility of the buyer, again, me. Is this not the point trying to be expressed?

Bill

An afterthought, where yes, I agree that many vendors are asking outrageous prices for their items, but, this is their prerogative and something I fully understand. I then have the choice of paying that price or not, which is my prerogative. Our SlingShot would be sporting many more modifications if costs on most modifications offered were, in my opinion, more reasonable. bill

·
Registered
150 Posts
Really? No one? How much do you think I make on this?

Powder/Clear Coated Red: $85 shipped
View attachment 172839

Not that much bro...
I can promise folks your profit isn’t that much. Cost me $125 to get my fender powder coated and shipping on that metal plate ain’t cheap. Wouldn’t surprise me if it cost you to make and send those.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have purchased several items and never had a bad experience. There was one comment that bad reviews are removed. That maybe, but they are definitely reviewed. I bought an outdoor cover for the SS. Less than a year later it ripped at the point where it met the windshield and mirror. I review it saying it was a good cover but should be beefed up at those points. Slingmods contacted me and said it shouldn’t have happened. They arranged with the manufacturer to have a new cover sent to me at no charge and return of the old one. I was pretty happy about that since the cover was $300+.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I can promise folks your profit isn’t that much. Cost me $125 to get my fender powder coated and shipping on that metal plate ain’t cheap. Wouldn’t surprise me if it cost you to make and send those.
No sir, I'm no philanderer. Or is that philanthropist?:) I powder coat these in batches for what I consider a very reasonable cost. If I did them one at a time, you would be correct. $20 of the price covers shipping so the price is actually $65. I'm making these as a hobby and not a retirement plan but I do clear a few shekels.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I haven't dealt with them for some time now, but did since they opened shop, and all my experiences where really good. The last purchase I made was a couple years back, but it was my third exhaust (finally happy). I broke a bolt, and called them to see if they knew what size bolt it was. I knew this was a lazy dick move, but figured they may know. Whoever answered the phone dug around, found one he had there, and shipped it to me for free. He said it was just by chance that he knew where there may had been one, and joked not to loose it. Pretty sure he was serious, but he saved my butt.

1 - 20 of 1750 Posts