Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just went for a ride and noticed the rubber boot that covers the e-brake is cracking around the button...has anyone replaced there stock e-brake handle and boot with aftermarket...I know that the handle is easy to get most universal grips will work but how about the boot/e-brake cover.....I have heard that a mustang cover would work but havn't located yet...anybody change there's to aftermarket and what did you use...thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
just went for a ride and noticed the rubber boot that covers the e-brake is cracking around the button...has anyone replaced there stock e-brake handle and boot with aftermarket...I know that the handle is easy to get most universal grips will work but how about the boot/e-brake cover.....I have heard that a mustang cover would work but havn't located yet...anybody change there's to aftermarket and what did you use...thanks
Mine is doing the same thing. I have the status boot and nrg handle ordered from slingmods but it's been backordered for a month so far.:mad:

·
Registered
151 Posts
"Mine is doing the same thing. I have the status boot and nrg handle ordered from slingmods"...I have the same combo and it works and looks great.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well went to slingmods and the combo was going to be $78 to the door but on backorder...did that before and waited almost a month...so went to amazon bought the same nrg handle $22 and a faux leather uni e-brake boot with red stitch for $7...so $29 to my door....be here in 4 days...I'll take a picture when finished....that nrg is the same it's the boot I'm worried about...it wont be status racing quality but it might surfice ...money is a factor...my ss sucks it up....not on repairs but the mods...lol...we'll see

·
Registered
97 Posts
well went to slingmods and the combo was going to be $78 to the door but on backorder...did that before and waited almost a month...so went to amazon bought the same nrg handle $22 and a faux leather uni e-brake boot with red stitch for $7...so $29 to my door....be here in 4 days...I'll take a picture when finished....that nrg is the same it's the boot I'm worried about...it wont be status racing quality but it might surfice ...money is a factor...my ss sucks it up....not on repairs but the mods...lol...we'll see
Way to go! My months wait is up, should get mine monday.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright my NRG e-brake handle showed up yesterday and I threw it on real quick to see fit since I.m still waiting for my cover and it fits like a glove....no wiggle and fits over stock button which is nice since I'm not a fan of chrome...so here's my $22 ttd handle....I like it
0730131834.jpg

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
alright my NRG e-brake handle showed up yesterday and I threw it on real quick to see fit since I.m still waiting for my cover and it fits like a glove....no wiggle and fits over stock button which is nice since I'm not a fan of chrome...so here's my $22 ttd handle....I like it View attachment 177315
IIRC, my parking brake handle seems to be cracking back where the boot forms out of the handle. I guess I need to go take a look to be sure. Definitely interested in seeing how the parts @slinghigh high ordered from Amazon look when combined. I just checked Amazon and didn't see the dark NRG handle @slinghigh ordered, so I'd like to see the links to what he ordered.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IIRC, my parking brake handle seems to be cracking back where the boot forms out of the handle. I guess I need to go take a look to be sure. Definitely interested in seeing how the parts @slinghigh high ordered from Amazon look when combined. I just checked Amazon and didn't see the dark NRG handle @slinghigh ordered, so I'd like to see the links to what he ordered.
got this off amazon...didn't like the fat handle that's being sold this one seems to fit the ss lines betterhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3YG40R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1...and this is the boot coming tmrw hope it works...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UM9NEEI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1...if it looks good then $29 ttd is awesome...I'll take a picture when it arrives

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Thanks for the links. For some reason, when I searched Amazon for NRG brake handle, I only found the plain aluminum one. Now to see how well the boot fits...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so the pilot e-brake boot is a no go....they only showed you the top of the boot because it's adjustable...you have Velcro and a string....so it's a no and was sent back today....I bumped a post I found where sdcustoms put a mustang e-brake boot over a momo handle which has same demensions as the nrg...the post is momo handle install should be on the first page after I bumped it by asking sdcustoms how hard it was to get on....I chose to buy the real leather one because you can stretch it and shrink it...and leather is cool....so here is a picture of the pilot boot...paper thin and Velcro and a string to tighten...yuk...so on it goes...I'll show the leather mustang e-brake boot when it gets here..the cost went up to $18.56 but it is leather...here is the pilot boot
0731174840.jpg
0731174746.jpg

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
0816104255.jpg
ok mustang boot showed up and poor quality and the end wasn't stitched at the collar so it was a no go.....ordered a mazda boot from amazon...nice soft leather with the end stitched so it looks a lot better a little loose on handle end but I can shrink leather a little but it does not move applying brake on and off....my next boot will be a lokar boot that's tighter next to handle but I like this setup....$22 ttd nrg handle and $19.99 leather boot from amazon ttd…..here is the linkhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M6L71BX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1......and here is a picture of the set-up

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info. Looks like I may go with the Back NRG handle and the Tuning Shop $19.99 boot.
I have the lokar boot coming in on tue.if you want to see what it looks like....but this combo looks and functions excellent ...it covers the e-brake ratchet gear perfect....and the leather is soft a supple ...not like the horse leather from mexico...can I still say mexico...idk this country is....well that's for a different forum...but yes where the collar meets the handle it's a little larger but doesn't move....so I could shrink a little or forget about my ocd and just leave it...love the handle and Italian leather $42 to the door instead of $78 for faux leather and a bulbus handle that doesn't seem to fit....idk but I like it....anyways the lokar e-brake boot will be here tue. so until then...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the lokar boot coming in on tue.if you want to see what it looks like....but this combo looks and functions excellent ...it covers the e-brake ratchet gear perfect....and the leather is soft a supple ...not like the horse leather from mexico...can I still say mexico...idk this country is....well that's for a different forum...but yes where the collar meets the handle it's a little larger but doesn't move....so I could shrink a little or forget about my ocd and just leave it...love the handle and Italian leather $42 to the door instead of $78 for faux leather and a bulbus handle that doesn't seem to fit....idk but I like it....anyways the lokar e-brake boot will be here tue. so until then...
so the lokar boot showed up and it's a no go....the end collar will not go over the nrg handle and it isn't real leather looks and feels cheap....so nrg handle with the the tuning shop mazda leather boot is my choice....here's a picture of lokar boot...the collar stitching did not line up and collar diameter measured about 1" to small for nrg handle....so my pick is the boot and handle below....I'm done and have found a nice set-up $42 ttd
0816104255.jpg
0820071415.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts