Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Looks like Polaris did away with the ugly Ex Manifold shroud.
That is a decent looking stocker manifold.
Or did you remove the shroud SM?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Yeah, do you get that excess cabin heat? What about on the passenger side.

Sorry if you already touched on that, it's been a flood of information the past few days!

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yeah, do you get that excess cabin heat? What about on the passenger side.

Sorry if you already touched on that, it's been a flood of information the past few days!
Hey Kip, I rode with a passenger yesterday through the canyons for several hours. The firewall does heat up on the passenger side. My passenger also mentioned he felt a slight "knock" into the firewall when cornering hard or hitting a bump in the road... it may have been the Exhaust Can slightly hitting the firewall with aggressive driving, or simply flex pop on the firewall panel when it's under load. I should probly pop the hood and check the clearance from the exhaust to the firewall.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Reminds me of my Spitfire I recently sold... Open the bonnet- hood and BAM.... Everything is there .
And That's the way I like it! The SS should be a joy to work on, something I can't say for any other production car built in the last 30 years. I'm on day 5 of stripping unneeded stuff out of the RX-7 donor car for "What The". It still won't be as simple to work on as the SS when it's done.

Still waiting on the 'I got my SS' call from the dealer.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Hey Kip, I rode with a passenger yesterday through the canyons for several hours. The firewall does heat up on the passenger side. My passenger also mentioned he felt a slight "knock" into the firewall when cornering hard or hitting a bump in the road... it may have been the Exhaust Can slightly hitting the firewall with aggressive driving, or simply flex pop on the firewall panel when it's under load. I should probly pop the hood and check the clearance from the exhaust to the firewall.
How about the fumes smell, did you smell fume while stopping?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts