Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found what I believe are the fog light connectors at the front of the SS, but is there a name/ model number for that connector?
I found fog lights I want, but ghe connectors on the lights don’t match the connectors on the SS.
I could just cut them both and put matching connectors on, but I was hoping to find the connector that matches the SS connector...

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Before Polaris did the Headlight circuit recall fix, I split my front headlights to power the outer auxiliary headlights via the fog light circuit. Unfortunately, I never learned what type connector Polaris uses on the fog light circuit as I switched the connector to fit the outer headlights.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
What year is your Slingshot? IIRC, Polaris dropped the Fog Light connectors in 2017. The fog light connectors ere 2-wire and that connector looks like the 3-wire connector for the Canadian Headlights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok thank you, its a 2018 SL. Im new to these slingshots. I was looking at possibly installing fog lights and Halo. When i saw a empty plug on both sides i figured it was for fog lights. If you don't mind my ignorance, whats the difference with Canadian Lights ? just the wiring requirements ? I have a list of upgrades in my bucket list; I want a rear wing and some cool lighting on the front. lol....Just an old guy a new toy..lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just saw other post that explained what Canadian lights were. I don't travel around on back roads at night much because of the deer population and so it would really only be a cosmetic thing for me. I do like the way the Halo stuff looks and the brow lights. Do you by chance have these on your SS ? If so, do you like them after you installed them?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just saw other post that explained what Canadian lights were. I don't travel around on back roads at night much because of the deer population and so it would really only be a cosmetic thing for me. I do like the way the Halo stuff looks and the brow lights. Do you by chance have these on your SS ? If so, do you like them after you installed them?
Im a old guy that hangs out with a bunch of old buddies that meet on the town square. My buddies all have old hot rods and i wanted something a little different to show and have fun for my wife an i to cruise around in. We love our SS and it sure turns alot of heads to the point it makes us laugh and smile. So much fun....LOL

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
The Halos or brow lights look best when the headlights are off, IMO. I ride mainly at night to avoid Texas' daytime heat, so I have no expeirence with the Halos of brow lights. There are lots of potential mods. Check the major Slingshot vendors here - Polaris Slingshot Forum (scroll down) or Google "Polaris Slingshot mods" and you'll find plenty of vendors. Thesew guys offer the least expensive 4-wheel conversion that really enhances traction/performance on the twisties - Project 324: 4 Wheel Slingshot Conversion Kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts