Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was backing out of our driveway this morning and lo and behold, here comes a pearl red Slingshot down OUR little street in OUR little community, that I jokingly call Hooterville (from the old Green Acres show...LOL!). Yakked with him for awhile and came to find out that he is ohio bob from our forum and he lives about two miles from me and my wife! Too cool!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I live in Haleyville AL. The nickname for this city is Hooterville. And I can't believe you referenced Green Acres. Pat Buttram (Mr. Haney) on the show is from here and lived less than 1 mile from my house. His brother Gus Buttram was alive till not long ago and he lived next door to him.

Your post just caught my attention when I saw Hooterville. Thought that was pretty neat.

Reactions: MrWinn

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I was backing out of our driveway this morning and lo and behold, here comes a pearl red Slingshot down OUR little street in OUR little community, that I jokingly call Hooterville (from the old Green Acres show...LOL!). Yakked with him for awhile and came to find out that he is ohio bob from our forum and he lives about two miles from me and my wife! Too cool!
What's the chances of that? WOW!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey there Rab...
I'm 63 and I used to LOVE that show! Our little town here, reminds me so much of Hooterville! When I had my Spyder that I traded in on my Slingshot, everybody used to stare and point at IT, take pics and point it out to their kids...and it was 5 years old! I never thought in a million years, that there would be TWO of them here! Plus...we have one in Willoughby and it is about 20 miles from here!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
What a cool story! It truly is a small world.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts