Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2018 SLR LE. I have pedal commander and headers, cat delete and RandD rear exit exhaust. I know the SLR comes with a cold air induction however would I gain anything from the twist dynamics cold air intake?

Registered
I don't know what the Twist looks like, but didn't your '18 come with a cold air intake? Mine did.

Registered
IIRC, I read where someone tested the stock SLR CAI and found it to actually flow less than the stock intake. Changing to an aftermarket CAI may give a slight boost in HP, but the main contribution most CAIs make is improved sound during acceleration. I doubt an aftermarket CAI will add enough HP to make it worthwhile the cost. Contact MEFIburn.com about their ECU tune for NA systems and ask him if he thinks replacing your stock CAI would be worth it. The Normally Aspirated tune is supposed to add 11 HP & 18ft/lbs torque at the rear wheel (OBD Diagnostics). They used to offer a $100 discount off the $500 tune cost using a code from the forum. Try searching the forum for the code.

Registered
I would definitely get the MEFIburn ECU tune. I was surprised how much difference just the ECU mod made. Mine is stock with CAI. Noticeable power increase after ECU mod. The idle is set now also a little higher at close to 1000 rpm and won't almost stall anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts