Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a month I get my top and I am pretty stoked about it. Then came the install and the frustration started. Okay so #1 I got the Stinger in position and I am ready to put the eight bolts and nuts to secure it but the supplied hardware is incorrect, the nuts and bolts were the wrong thread pitch for each other. Awesome right, so off to the hardware store I go 35 mile round trip I buy new hardware and stinger install is going good. Which brings us to #2 I fish the plate that sets on the frame under the cup holders into position and trying to install the support bar, but guess what the supplied hardware wont go in. I pull the plate back out and now I am Pissed off the two holes where the vertical supports attaches are drilled but not tapped "NO THREADS" oh boy I'm one unhappy customer now. Back to town I go again another 35 miles to spend more money on a tap set to fix something I paid $2500 for unacceptable. After all that the install starts to go fairly smooth and I am happy with the top, love the look it gives my Slingshot and the protection from the sun it provides. It does shake or vibrate some while driving but does no bother me just bothers my GoPro. I really wanted to post a great review of this top but I just can't.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Twist Dynamics have several products that even though they insinuate that they are their own, they are actually manufactured by someone else, (shocks and windshields immediately come to mind.) With that being known, does somebody else manufacture their tops?

Bill

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure about that. But I ordered the top through SlingMods and their was no reviews on their site for it and I hated to have to leave a negative one. But i felt the need to post my full review on this forum because SlingMods review system only allowed me to use a 1000 characters for the review so I had to cut off the things I liked about the top. Because at the end of the day I really do like it. Just sharing my experience with the community.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,850 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
So after a month I get my top and I am pretty stoked about it. Then came the install and the frustration started. Okay so #1 I got the Stinger in position and I am ready to put the eight bolts and nuts to secure it but the supplied hardware is incorrect, the nuts and bolts were the wrong thread pitch for each other. Awesome right, so off to the hardware store I go 35 mile round trip I buy new hardware and stinger install is going good. Which brings us to #2 I fish the plate that sets on the frame under the cup holders into position and trying to install the support bar, but guess what the supplied hardware wont go in. I pull the plate back out and now I am Pissed off the two holes where the vertical supports attaches are drilled but not tapped "NO THREADS" oh boy I'm one unhappy customer now. Back to town I go again another 35 miles to spend more money on a tap set to fix something I paid $2500 for unacceptable. After all that the install starts to go fairly smooth and I am happy with the top, love the look it gives my Slingshot and the protection from the sun it provides. It does shake or vibrate some while driving but does no bother me just bothers my GoPro. I really wanted to post a great review of this top but I just can't.
Hello Okc-Sling,
I would like to start of apologizing for all you went through on your new roof! Normally we strive to go above and beyond on our QC but unfortunately when shipping thousands of roofs one slips by every so often that is not the quality we provide. We were at a show in Vegas then followed by a show in TX that took a majority of our staff and left a newly trained employee that was still learning the QC. We would love to work directly with you on what feels like a great solution for all of your time and labor lost on fixing our product. We are happy that you enjoying your roof now that its on. We thank you for your honest feedback and have since had an internal meeting to make sure that QC improves going forward. We again apologize greatly and look forward to discussing possible solutions with you!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First thank you for taking the time to respond but I'm not sure what you mean by a possible solutions. I have already paid to fix the discrepancys with the product.

·
Registered
613 Posts
This probably eliminates the Stinger from my list of possible tops. I am not terribly handy with such things, and would expect that one would come 100% ready to be installed, not 92%.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
First thank you for taking the time to respond but I'm not sure what you mean by a possible solutions. I have already paid to fix the discrepancys with the product.
We realize that you have already fixed the problems with your roof and we again apologize and thank you for your extra effort! We are trying to find a way to comp you for your time and effort that makes you a happy customer as we strive to be the best we can. Unfortunately sometimes mistakes happen. Thank you for your business!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Don't have anything at stake in this however, I would think the top or a large part of the tops cost should be written off by Twist and given back to the customer. To say we are trying to find a way to comp you and unfortunately sometimes mistakes happen and thank you for you business does not get it... This is the company's error and if they value future customers they should make it right....
I, for one, will pass on them for my mods after this if they do not step up...

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
We are sorry you feel this way! We manufacture the majority of the roofs for the Slingshot on the market and we can easily put you in touch with many happy customers that love our roofs. I myself purchased one prior to working here and had no issues whatsoever. Unfortunately one got past our new guy on Q&A and we accept this was our mistake and trying to work with the customer as this is not our norm. Thank you for your imput!

Pam - Twist Dynamics

·
Registered
573 Posts
Again, do not have anything at steak but would hope that even if this is one time occurrence I would think TD would do the right thing with OKC. I realize that profit margins may not be great with some of the SS vendors however, future customers want to know that they can depend on TD product coming complete and ready to assemble. An error can happen with any product but when they do, the manufacturer needs to step up and give the customer complete satisfaction even if it means costing them profits...

·
Registered
557 Posts
You would think that a top of the line manufacturer of Slingshot tops would step up and do the right thing here to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. I have to wholeheartedly agree with "Oldchuck".

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought the Gull Wing top on 7/6/2016 for my Slingshot. It had its problems like finger prints that wont come off the plastic,some bad spots in the plastic and a few places in the paint that were not up to what I thought 2500.00 should have bought. My daughter bought the same top two months ago and we had to drill both latches out to get them to close right. The plastic on the driver side was miss shaped at the rear edge.
So I guess my point is just because not everyone calls and bitch about all the short comings of your tops does not mean they are not there. And not a one time quality control glitch. My son is the Stinger Top (Not So Happy) in OKC. So this is Three out of three tops that had problems not a one time quality control glitch. I'm not saying that I don't like my top I do. But you should take steps to make things right when people do complain because you are getting to skate by on the ones that don't.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Once again reading some bad reviews for a Slingshot top..........Think ill stay with my original top, my helmet............for now....if the boss don't like it she can stay home........:cool:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Ok guys and gals just wanted to update you all on the situation. Twist Dynamics is now among the top company's I've dealt with. They really took care of me with the issues I had and I would like to personally thank Pam and Sean for their time and customer service. Great company guys and gals don't let my review reflect that I am dissatisfied with the top after install I love it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
We are sorry you feel this way! We manufacture the majority of the roofs for the Slingshot on the market and we can easily put you in touch with many happy customers that love our roofs. I myself purchased one prior to working here and had no issues whatsoever. Unfortunately one got past our new guy on Q&A and we accept this was our mistake and trying to work with the customer as this is not our norm. Thank you for your imput!

Pam - Twist Dynamics
This is good to know, Pam. Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a question for you, so I just purchased the stinger roof and I’m trying to figure out the spec where you remove the cup holders and the piece that you had the problem with. Did you have to drill holes in the frame to screw that down or were there holes already in the frame. My next question is the light that’s on the center console, I was told it was a plug and play connection and that it went inside the lighter socket and that gave the light power.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Don’t remember exactly the way the plate installed. But no for sure you don’t drill the frame at all. And yes power for center console will come from 12v outlet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know if there’s a video floating around for the installation of the Twist Stinger top? I’ve searched everywhere and found nothing

1 - 20 of 27 Posts