Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Can anyone provide the pros and cons of this top after using on your sling or any issues that you may know about compared to other tops...

·
Registered
573 Posts
When looking again at add for top #3 states "Easy to get in and out of" Then states "no outer bars to promote accessibility". It would seem that outer bars would promote or enhance getting in and out. Statement does not seem to make sense to me...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone provide the pros and cons of this top after using on your sling or any issues that you may know about compared to other tops...
Hello and thank you for your questions. This is a brand new roof out there so there isn't any way for additional input at this point. This top is great if you are looking at a quick and easy way to go from open air to sun protection with one metal latch independently working each side. You can drive with one side open/closed or both open/closed. *We don't recommend opening and closing while driving. Because each side glides and locks forward or backwards you don't have to worry about storage or attaching or detaching with travel which is another good feature. If you are looking for more "rain protection" I would recommend our Gullwing roof.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
I've seen the top in person at the Vegas event. It's probably one of the best looking tops for the Slingshot, mostly because it actually follow the angular lines of the slingshot. A lot of though went in to it...you can tell it was actually set up to be used with the carbon fiber spoiler. The mounting post is a really nice feature for all those that need mirrors, gauges, or any other accessory. I'm a pretty big fan of it...I can see it being a really popular option as time goes on.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do you have any additional pieces that bolt to the center post to support the middle of the windshield? Any thoughts of a group buy?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I saw this at SSITR and I really liked it. I am tall and all the other tops are claustrophobic to me and my head is either hitting the top or far too close to it for comfort. This one sits up high enough I can wear a helmet and still have room to move. I can see forward easily, and I can use it with my +45 windshield. The operation is smooth, and it looks "right" on the Slingshot. I think they have a winner here.

·
Registered
612 Posts
...Any thoughts of a group buy?
As frugal as I am, I'm surprised that I am so interested in this top. A group buy would be welcome, as long as I don't have to get orange. (I'm a University of Georgia Bulldog fan, and we kinda hate the orange used by some of our opponent schools!)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Looks interesting to me also. I have an F4..5 and wouldn't want to lose it, but it does require a center brace.
How is this accommodated?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks interesting to me also. I have an F4..5 and wouldn't want to lose it, but it does require a center brace.
How is this accommodated?
I was told they were working on a small bracket to connect roof support to windshield. Even if it does not happen, it looks to be a pretty straight forward DIY project. The roof support comes down into the same place as the rear view mirror base/windshield brace. A hole could be drilled and tapped into the roof support, and a U shaped piece of metal connected to support and windshield.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Sounds reasonable, but I don't think I have the skill to do that. Maybe by time I decide whether I want a top or not, they will have an option like you describe, or something similar. I could make something, but it would look jury rigged! lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts