Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been trying since I purchased my SS to rent it out on Turo. I’ve been running into the issue of the 2018 not being on there to list, all other years are. I’ve been back and forth with Turo and their insurance company trying to figure out if/when they will have the option. First I was getting the answer that they will be adding it, they just can’t tell me when. Latest I’ve heard from them is that I can list it, but on their company policy “the lister has to have their own insurance to list a Polaris on Turo”. This is contradictory to everything I’ve find for prior years. Anyone have any input?

·
Registered
10 Posts
ALoha, correct to list polaris or any other car on Turo you need personal insurance. Turo insurance kicks in once the renter have possession of your vehicle, but you need your insurance for the time of delivery or anytime after, so Turo request you to have insurance. I have some cars and polaris listed on Turo.

I ma not sure why you cant list 2018 model, but there is work around, Turo in the way does not checks your VIN or any car info at all to be listed on their platform. I seeing cars over 10 years and people still list them here. So if you are unable to list car there with 2019-2018 model , try using 2017, once that is listed contact Turo and tell them you actually have 2018 model and they can make adjustments on their end if needed.

One thing i learned, Turo is not the greatest platform to deal with. As long as customer base, sure there is plenty of them, but if something goes south, sometimes its a hecktik deal to deal with Turo. If you planing renting your Slingshot, id recommend set up your own website like we did ( Maui Kart ) and get your own commercial insurance, this way you can be more independent and not pay ridiculous fees to Turo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the way they positioned it, they made it sound like you couldn’t use their insurance due to their policy with with Polaris vehicles. No matter how I positioned the question the guy didn’t understand my question and just kept repeating himself. What company do you use for your insurance and if you don’t mind me asking what do you pay per month?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts