Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I want to use my halos as my running lights and I have seen two switches that effectively do just that. One from cycle springs and one from slingmods. I have dealt with both companies and they are great! Slingmods especially.

I have the recall done but my question is... the cycles springs kit seems to tap into the fuse box from behind....and slingmods requires a hole in the factory fuse box (which I am weary about). Does anyone have any experience or recommendations?

My instinct tells me I should do it from behind.....

Thoughts?

·
Hold my beer and watch this!
1,319 Posts
Go with the Cyclesprings kit. It uses a factory waterproof connector and all connections are done from underneath the fuse box just like the factory wiring. No sense in drilling in to a water resistant fuse box.

·
Hold my beer and watch this!
1,319 Posts
Depends. The inner headlights and outer would now be on their own relay. So, if he wants to control both from one switch he could. It would just be wiring that is needed. If he wants a switch for each set of lights then he would need 2 kits. Jimmy or Noel from Cyclesprings will build a kit as you need it if you give them a call.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I would rather them on one switch as I believe the recall put the inner and outer lights on their own relay requiring two switches.

·
Registered
60 Posts
FYI...There is a trend on here for this mod. It requires just purchasing 8' of wire and a switch. (I did this) Either way...
After the recall upgrade you have to tie into both relays to turn all the headlights off. I think one of the vendors has addressed this with their wiring package.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FYI...There is a trend on here for this mod. It requires just purchasing 8' of wire and a switch. (I did this) Either way...
After the recall upgrade you have to tie into both relays to turn all the headlights off. I think one of the vendors has addressed this with their wiring package.
Thank you very much for the response!!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I have the Sling Mods version and O issues with it. Easy install and NO worries about a small hole. A little clear silicone helps if u are worried

1 - 11 of 11 Posts