Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm replacing brake pads with Hawk pads......they have 3 different types R...N and F.....Rs are for racing app......Ns are for vehicals under 2800lbs and are for autocross racing type app....and fs are for HP street app....so the # is HB275N.620 for autocross or HB275R.620 for racing or for street HB275F.620...I'm thinking the under 2800lbs circle track,autocross pads which would be HB275N.620....high intial bite ...don't know what the torque rating means but it says not for quick deceleration...which is throwing me off....has anybody used these pads or any of them....do you have any insight on which one would be best for street....I know there are a few SS owners that track there SS that might have tried any or all of these....any help would be great....thanks

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
It really depends on what you expect for wear, noise, and brake dust...

I ran Ferodo Race pads that were more catered to autocross because I liked the initial bit. They were not as quiet as stock and they put off quite a bit more brake dust.

Are you going to track the video where brake temps will be really high?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no trav....I fiqured you would know....I read what a hawk rep. said a couple years ago about pad replacement and he said the HB275s.620 were the best in testing but if price is a concern the HB275f.620 would do....that's the pad DDM and some others sell....no I don't race but I drive aggressively ….a lot of canyons in and out of the high desert....thanks Trav..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts