Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With weather getting chilly up in the mountains, decided to turn on heater for fall and winter riding ie. removed foam plugs in firewall holes. The warmth was welcomed on my first ride in the cooler temperatures. Also switched to full helmet from half helmet, including bluetooth. I'm all set until the snow.:)

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
With weather getting chilly up in the mountains, decided to turn on heater for fall and winter riding ie. removed foam plugs in firewall holes. The warmth was welcomed on my first ride in the cooler temperatures. Also switched to full helmet from half helmet, including bluetooth. I'm all set until the snow.:)
I drive with my cockpit cover on. It flaps around a lot. But if you velcro it to the top of your +5" windscreen and double back tape it to the top of your helmet, it's not so bad. :confused::woot:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drive with my cockpit cover on. It flaps around a lot. But if you velcro it to the top of your +5" windscreen and double back tape it to the top of your helmet, it's not so bad. :confused::woot:
Thanks for the great idea, just cut a hole in my cockpit cover for my head, so what I can't see the speedometer or gauges, at least I'm warmer. I figure I'm good to 20 degrees now.:)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Now me, i'll be using my great H-D heated jacket liner, but not for another month or so ; it's still in the high 80s here in the desert.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys with the cockpit cover have to post pictures.

View attachment 79865
There you go. The reason I'm wearing the helmet is because I consider the Slingshot to be so unsafe I won't even sit in it without my helmet. Not only does it keep me warmer but it ends the helmet debate in CA. This is now a fully enclosed vehicle, my only worry is if they give tickets for sticking my head out the sunroof.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
There you go. The reason I'm wearing the helmet is because I consider the Slingshot to be so unsafe I won't even sit in it without my helmet. Not only does it keep me warmer but it ends the helmet debate in CA. This is now a fully enclosed vehicle, my only worry is if they give tickets for sticking my head out the sunroof.
LMFAO!!!! Too f'n funny. Good job. Just make sure your passenger had their head out too otherwise if you pass gas, it will become a 173hp Dutch oven.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts