Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this problem? When I activate either turn signal, the indicator on the speedo lights up like like the hazards are on, both arrows flashing. Also, does everybodies spare key not have the slingshot logo in silver on it? Thanks

·
Registered
891 Posts
Does anyone else have this problem? When I activate either turn signal, the indicator on the speedo lights up like like the hazards are on, both arrows flashing. Also, does everybodies spare key not have the slingshot logo in silver on it? Thanks
Spare key no logo on

·
Registered
86 Posts
that's the way the turn signals flash...same as hazards. keys are not the same

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
779 Posts
Same here, spare key has no logo and flasher blink both directions on dash when turn signals flash correctly on the side markers.

Anyone know the Key blank for the Slingshot? Would like a couple of smaller regular keys!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
that's the way the turn signals flash...same as hazards. keys are not the same
Why is this? I want to see left or right not both! Never heard of this on any other vehicle.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
The guages

Because the guages are direct from Victory, most MC's do the same, they have a simpler turn signal circuit.

I've never owned a motorcycle where both indicators flashed at the same time when you were turning left or right!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I've never owned a motorcycle where both indicators flashed at the same time when you were turning left or right!
All the bikes I've owned didn't have two turn signal indicators (left and right) and only had one centered turn signal flashing light. Not sure why Polaris is blending the two systems and flash both lights. It must make sense to someone, but not to me.

·
2,333 Posts

They only flash together in the dash, as Funinthesun mentioned most only have one indicator in the display for both sides, some like Victory have two arrows. The actual turn signals don't flash together. Of the 30+ bikes I have owned almost all had this same set up.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I can safely say I own many more than 30 motorcycles. I cannot remember a single one that I owned that did not have left and right indicators that work separately. each of the indicators should be tied in with the left or right turn signal.... Period! With this set up every time I'm turning left or right I'm wondering if someone hit the hazard switch!!!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One of each key. I agree none of the bikes i've ever owned had both arrows light up including my first, a '81 Kawi 750LTD

·
Registered
189 Posts
I can safely say I own many more than 30 motorcycles. I cannot remember a single one that I owned that did not have left and right indicators that work separately. each of the indicators should be tied in with the left or right turn signal.... Period! With this set up every time I'm turning left or right I'm wondering if someone hit the hazard switch!!!
Well..... maybe you didn't own any motorcycles as cool as the Slingshot ??????? Only the really cool ones do it !!!!!!! he he he he he he he :D:p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts