Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SL
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 SS turn signal speed control set button fell out. The plastic end piece and contact are gone. I have gone to the Polaris Slingshot parts but the part number listed (4017580) does not fit a 2015. Are there other sources for older SS?

·
Registered
5,357 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SL
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This thread claims Polaris uses a Vovlvo turn signal assembly - Turn Signal Cruise control switch AFTERMARKET.. Some oen reported it didn't work due to a different wiring connector, but that may be fixable. I'd also recommend contacting one or more of the Slingshot aftermarket parts sellers such as Polaris 4017580 - SWITCH-TURN SIGNAL : Cheap Cycle Parts, and ask them about compatibilitynsince they now list the same switch pn for ALL 1st Gen Slingshots from 2015-2019.
Thanks, That should be my next step.
I have the wiring diagram and may be able to connect a micro switch to set the speed control/bump up set speed. The ~ $145 price seems high but it is a sport vehicle!
Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Thanks, That should be my next step.
I have the wiring diagram and may be able to connect a micro switch to set the speed control/bump up set speed. The ~ $145 price seems high but it is a sport vehicle!
Thanks again.
Even if you need to add an external switch to the turn signal stalk, that should be far less expensive than replacing the entire turn signal/CC assembly. After my clock spring died, I simply added a push-button siwtch to the side of the steering column cover jus behind the ignition switch (with respect to the front of the Slingshot) and that only cost a few Dollars.

·
Registered
2015 SL
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use cruise control for the highway trips so I may try to use a push to make switch before buying a new lever. Hope to get to this in the next few weeks. Want to use the SS for a trip from Delaware to Florida in May and cruise would be nice to have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts