Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone try to work in a high performance catalytic Conv. With there turbo muffler system to combat exhaust smell?​

·
Registered
873 Posts
anyone try to work in a high performance catalytic Conv. With there turbo muffler system to combat exhaust smell?​
The exaust smell comes from the tune sucking and running pig rich mostly. Putting a cat in the exhaust with so much unburned fuel would probably ruin the cat quickly.

I think when the tune will not suck as much (probably with a 2 bar sensor) smell will not be as evident or at least as close the the stock exhaust with removed cat, which is barable at least.

My wife complains about exhaust fumes now with the turbo too, she won't even ride with me anymore.

Praying that the 2 bar map is better than the shit tune we get with the current kits. I am really not impressed with tuning so far.

·
WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
2,221 Posts
I have had the Hahn Stage 2X (2 bar map sensor) since before SSITS. Exhaust fumes is not really a problem. $700 speeding tickets and worn out rear tires is the problem!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also have the Hahn with 2 bar but I do get a bit of exhaust smell (any isn't really tolerable) that's why I asked if anyone was planning on putting a cat. In the mix.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Catalytic Converter wont really eliminate the fuel smell. The issue is the exhaust coming out in front of the passenger.

The 2bar setup like mine is much better than not having one and just tuning it rich to be safe. However when u are in boost you will get that fuel smell. Its just enough smell to be aggravating. If I turn mine outward it wont have any smell that will be noticeable.

All you would do by adding a cat is make PETA mad.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Catalytic Converter wont really eliminate the fuel smell. The issue is the exhaust coming out in front of the passenger.

The 2bar setup like mine is much better than not having one and just tuning it rich to be safe. However when u are in boost you will get that fuel smell. Its just enough smell to be aggravating. If I turn mine outward it wont have any smell that will be noticeable.

PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals

·
Registered
675 Posts

Would the new Alpha side exhaust help you turbo guys out with this..?

BTW: I'm sorry that I missed meeting you yesterday, before I ended up doing the turn-n-burn back home.. :(

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Would the new Alpha side exhaust help you turbo guys out with this..?

BTW: I'm sorry that I missed meeting you yesterday, before I ended up doing the turn-n-burn back home.. :(
Hahn Racecraft worked with @Stickerdick to develop a side exhaust. So they have one available now. I haven't tried it yet. I am betting it will help a bunch.

No worries about not having time to stick around. I ended up with a bad headache and went to the room.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My wife complained about the exhaust smell also when I went turbo. I installed the Sling-wingzs from Trick-led and a side exhaust, those two mods mostly cured the problem.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I forgot I just got a cat. I wonder if my daughter would care if I used it to filter the exhaust. I'm betting she would be a little pissed.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Most turbo factory equipped cars have cats they don't seem to have problems
Most factory cars dont have a shitty tune like we do that just dumps fuel in the engine like rain....

That unburned fuel will end up clogging the car quickly and then you have a shitty tune AND a clogged exaust, and you end up wishing you could go as fast as a stock SS...

·
Registered
666 Posts
I would not think the tune would need to be so rich except when on boost I run my blower car rich when it is at s high boost to protect the engine but not at idle or cruise

·
Registered
873 Posts
I would not think the tune would need to be so rich except when on boost I run my blower car rich when it is at s high boost to protect the engine but not at idle or cruise
The rich tune is not normal, but its what we get presently. I'm getting afrs in the 9s and 10s as soon as I hit boost, and I can smell the moment the turbo starts spooling.

Hopefully the 2 bar map will fix this but for the moment it is what it is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts