Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
You could've had a V8
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe this is the route I am going to go so I thought I would start a thread on existing systems for the 2.4L ecotec.

Feel free to post what you find.

Smoke em if you got em! :cigar:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
the werks kit looks like a well made kit the ZZP kit looks like a cheap ebay junk kit with low quality parts and fabrication. of course buying one of these kits the intercooler and charge pipes wont fit on a Slingshot. I'll probably just buy a good manifold and put the rest of the kit together. I'm thinking a PTE billet 62 would be a great turbo for this setup.

·
Registered
83 Posts
How are you guys planning on getting all that extra power to the ground? The stock set up already appears to be overwhelming the rear tire. Do you have your eye on some new/bigger rear rubber that you think will fit?

·
You could've had a V8
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, definitely larger rubber - perhaps 315 - and much stickier. I just hope the belt will be able to handle it which I think it will with 225-240whp. 300+ whp may be a different story.

·
Vendor
5,412 Posts
I'm going to (try to) be patient and see what people come up with, what works and what doesn't. I'll be fine with the stock performance for a while. I want quality. I know that much.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Does anyone think that there would be a meaningful difference between any of these in torque curve, throttle response, or MPG assuming the same HP boost?

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,155 Posts
Does anyone think that there would be a meaningful difference between any of these in torque curve, throttle response, or MPG assuming the same HP boost?
I am sure their will be some differences in numbers, 2 stock units have different numbers on the dyno.
What is more important to me is the quality of components used, a cheap made turbo that cannot withstand the rpms will whirl itself away and possibly doing damage. Since its probably the most single expensive piece in the kit, I want the best I can get in my kit.

·
Vendor
5,412 Posts
I would think so. I'm not a tuning or turbo pro, but I've seen something as small as a slight change in the diameter of the piping affect the torque curve. I'd venture to say there are several slight differences (and maybe some not so slight differences) between the kits that would change the characteristics of the power delivery. That probably doesn't help answer your question but I bet one of the turbo savvy members could give a much better detailed answer.

Edit* And to be more specific, the differences I observed were meaningful.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
How are you guys planning on getting all that extra power to the ground? The stock set up already appears to be overwhelming the rear tire. Do you have your eye on some new/bigger rear rubber that you think will fit?
First let me say the stock engine is a hoot to have and use. It makes me smile every time I drive my SS. But everyone is different. And each of us has there own version of what they think is fast and powerful.

The stock tire setup isn't even close to being at the max it can take. I have said it several times. This thing needs a lot of help in 4th and 5th. And truthfully it isn't really a torque monster in 3rd. I can see EASILY putting another 100hp to the ground and sticking it to the pavement. These smoking tires when you take off videos and donuts are all easy but when you are pushing this thing down a road and want to jump out and pass I want to feel my ears touch each other in the back of my head;). I have never once broke the tire loose at speeds above 50. And without using the clutch and acting like a kid I don't think it will. And for those LIKE ME who have broke the tire loose in a CORNER it will just be a learning curve to manage the addition power. I usually don't start accelerating till I'm out of the turn and pointed the way i want to go. I learned how to manage power a while ago with my AMG Mercedes autos.

And yes, I would personally change the tires to a much more aggressive tire compound. The front needs to be changed also if your going to play this speed game.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Also , the first to the table with around 100HP and has a dyno chart showing a good fuel/air line is getting my money. I am not a tire kicker. I am ready today to purchase. I don't care if it looks like a mixed bag of parts. Just throwing it out there on the forum for everyone to pass around. :cool:

And once it hits my doorstep I will have it installed and on the dyno within a day or two. So if any of the companies working on this get something that is workable please message me.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Also , the first to the table with around 100HP and has a dyno chart showing a good fuel/air line is getting my money. I am not a tire kicker. I am ready today to purchase. I don't care if it looks like a mixed bag of parts. Just throwing it out there on the forum for everyone to pass around. :cool:

And once it hits my doorstep I will have it installed and on the dyno within a day or two. So if any of the companies working on this get something that is workable please message me.
Didnt GM make an after market bolt on kit for the 2.4?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Didnt GM make an after market bolt on kit for the 2.4?
Don't know of one. They made a supercharger for the 2.0 version. Its just to hard to bolt on something and get that air/fuel ratio perfect at all conditions. My Supercharger kit for my Rocket 3 was tuned to perfection. It always was just a smidgeon rich which was perfect for me. Better to keep things cool than to get up the next day after a good thrashing thru the twists and have no spark plug tips left. ;) TTS in England did my Rotrex kit. They don't mess with Chevy stuff but they have a ton of stuff for bikes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts