Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wasting no time I see, I like it! You sir are a pioneer. ;-)

Seriously though, I'm glad people will be pushing the envelop from day one so we can find out the limits of the various components. Looking forward to your results.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I figure I won't be getting mine until nov/dec so I can't really ride the damn thing so I might as well work on it in the shop. I'm not gonna go for top HP but maybe around 6psi on the stock block. Bolt her up and run 3-4lbs during break in and tune it over the winter so I can just rip in the spring. Then I won't be rushed to get anything done :)

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Now that's what I'm talking about! I have a lot of turbo stuff laying around that might just work on the SS. Can't wait to get it into the garage and see what will fit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can't wait for WIP thread with lots of pics! I'll be able to drive mine for a couple of months before it gets too cold, then I'll begin customization. Hopefully by then you will have completed your turbo application and I can reference your work!

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
I have a new Garrett GTX2860R on the shelf. Since I have it laying around I will probably use it to mock something up. I also have a smaller air to air intercooler and oil cooler that would probably work. Maybe not all the ideal parts, but I can't argue with the price :)

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a nice turbo especially being BB. I really wish I had one to see how much room their is to clear the hood and frame. I'm thinking going external wast-gate just to be safer and also love the sound when it dumps!

Kinda want to go with a tiny turbo since I would like to keep it under 300whp for now and for faster spooling

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
My initial thought is to hang the turbo somewhere in the stock exhaust location. Then run the exhaust and intake over to it so that there are no clearance issues with the hood.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
I think you could set it up where you could see it peaking out of the fender like in the Viper picture above. Since the whole hood folds up and forward you will be able to see the turbo hanging right there where the exhaust is.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts