Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Turbo Slingshot or Supercharged Slingshot?

• Turbo

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • Supercharger

Votes: 37 48.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Man that's tough! There are already kits for both for other cars, but a lot will depend on how much room there is around the engine on the Slingshot. We would have to see under the hood to figure out what would be the easiest.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Due to the vehicle being light weight, I would think Turbo. Traction is most likely already going to be a problem, so the immediate boost of SC may be less desirable..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Turbo all the way! Why rob power to make power? Just use the exhaust gasses to make all the power. If this thing is super light, the power of the motor will be more than enough to get it off the line, so lag will not be an issue.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
I guess we will find out how light it actually will be soon. I would guess without a top, no doors and down one wheel and tire that it should be under 2,000 lbs. At least lets hope it's in that ballpark :)

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Haha I see that all the time. People complaining about the base price and then a year later they have put the same amount of money it cost them to buy the vehicle into modifications :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Why not both... easier to maximize power on the move... AND on the low end. :D

Just saying...
pantsonfire.jpg

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
If supercharging a intercooler is a must on the twin screws. They get heat soaked fast. I'm not sure yet what rout I'll go yet since I haven't driven one yet. But I am leaning towards a turbo. Seeing some of the reviews and vids its pretty easy to light up the rear tire. A SC make almost instant tq and power down low so traction could be tricky. With a turbo I can add a aftermarket ecu and boost by gear to help with slip and use more of the power. Biggest concern is how much HP will that belt handle before it snaps!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had to go research the difference. From what I read...it sounds like a supercharger is less complicated and shouldn't require a cooler. Turbo should produce more power, but it's more complicated and requires cooling. A friend had a turbo on his car and I remember it causing mild whiplash when in came in and out. That was 15 years ago, but I remember hating his car.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts