Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Tango I have found some sites that work on Eco tech engines. Places like Hahn Racecraft make turokits for the the Eco tech.

For this application of being smaller, but then a 2.4L engine, having a single wheel in the back, WHat would be a better option on the slingshot a turbo or a supercharger. I live in the lotus world and they have dropped the turbos and now use supercharger.

Wold like to know your expert opinions

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh sorry guys I see there was a forum set up for forced induction.

But within that I have read that yes it is easy to get up to 250 300 HP. But this could start to cause problems with the belt. I guess a chain can take a lot more power.

????????????

If this is the case why not just change to a chain? Is it heavy, ugly, expensive, or would you have to change a lot to go a chain?

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
IF this works, it would be a fantastic addition! How much is the Miata kit you cited?
The MX5 kit sells for approx $2500 with our handheld ECU programmer (0penFlash Tablet) included. Until we get our Slingshot, it's hard to project if the price will be similar. But I think the bigger challenge may be cracking the ECU encryption than fitting the ESC. We'll see soon... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts