Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2015 LE that I have put over 20.000 in mods on. Honestly I lost count at around 20 and never stopped. If I wanted to sale this what could I get out of her. I am ready to seriously consider sale but ITs hard to consider not knowing the return. really just looking for a good place to start. Thank you for your help

Mods listed below

about 15k miles can provide pictures upon request

Bunch of photos HERE

These are only the mods I can recall there is likely more the top four alone were over 15K

custom rims
Alpha Turbo
Welter dual exhaust
Complete JL audio system 3 amps two 6.5 inch JL audio component sets, two 10 inch JL subs, Kenwood double den touch screen, custom doo pods

320 headers
Carbon Fiber Replacement Rear Deck Humps
Carbon Fiber Front splitter Wings (stunning)
madstad windshield
TricLine Carbon Fiber Front Fascia
NRG (ST-019CF) Suede Flat Bottom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel
Status Racing / NRG E-Brake Handle
Twist Dynamics Carbon Fiber Shift Knobs
Alpha Coil Pack Cover
DDMWorks coolant tank
DDMWorks Adjustable Master Cylinder
DDMWorks Silicone Coolant Hose Kit for - orange
Mo-Door In-Dash Garage Door Opener
Etched Customizable Illuminated WindRestrictor®
DDMWorks Extended Range Hood Hinge Assist
TufSkinz Peel & Stick Front Splitter Center Accent Kit
Assault Industries Fitted Pedal Covers
TufSkinz Peel & Stick Colored Hood Vent
Status Racing Marine Vinyl Shift Boot for the Polaris Slingshot Orange Stitch
Guard dawg keyless start system
All kinds of front lighting including blinking eybrows, color changing halos, canadian light kit, bottom splitter lights, bottom brows

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Good looking Slingshot. Where are you located? The 'sad' thing with the mods is that as you go to sale the machine the 'mods' are worth about 10 cents on the dollar. Most of the 2015 are going for about $15,000.00. I do have a friend who might be interested in this burnt orange unit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 'burnt orange' Slingshot was a special addition in 2015 --- so it's a 2015 not 2016.
"EjFord, post: 919491, member: 2971"]
Good looking Slingshot. Where are you located? The 'sad' thing with the mods is that as you go to sale the machine the 'mods' are worth about 10 cents on the dollar. Most of the 2015 are going for about $15,000.00. I do have a friend who might be interested in this burnt orange unit.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you for your feedback this is exactly the type of information I am looking for. When I was on this forum a year and a half ago I saw mention of mods getting 50%. I am curious to get some additional opinions. at or near 15k I would hang onto my toy I hope that is a low figure I'm ready to buy another Model S

·
Super Moderator
2,912 Posts
Sad to say, but while mods were going for $0.50 on the $1.00, this year is a bit different, and Polaris stock standing, lack of commitment to warranty coverage and non-off-road vehicles, and other factors kind of sucked the wind out of Slingshot sales. I wish it were different, but unfortunately things change with time. Your ride is awesome, and I don't blame you for hanging on to it.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,839 Posts
I'm getting ready to sell mine...expanding family and all that means I am not getting out as much as I like. I am going to essentially take a fair/low ball offer to offload it. I have over $25K in mods in to mine...I am probably going to list for under $30K...we'll see how far below that number I settle on.

Reactions: xd675x and EjFord

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is exactly why I bought an SLR and not a base unit. Banks don’t consider user add ones when they calculate the loan value of a vehicle. Buying a basic SS and putting on $20,000 of accessories is just plain stupid unless you plan to drive it until the wheels fall off. But if you can afford it and want a totally custom SS go for it. Just don’t plan to gte your money back when you sell it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts