Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I understand there are some good dudes out there selling packages for tires and wheels, but I don't really understand the offset thing or the math of tires and wheels, math is hard. Anyway, my inquiry is specific to purchasing tires and wheels locally at a shop, I have no idea what to look at with regard to Sling options. I would ultimately like to put a 305 on the rear and am not really concerned about how tall the front or back is for any reason other than I want the 305 on back. Does anyone have a simplified set of specific numbers for wheels, be they 20 or 22" that I can start looking at local shops for options to compare to the other online places that sell packages?

I hope that makes sense, I have been digging through here trying to find the information and am not finding what I am hoping to locate. I have a 16 SL LE. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
53 Posts
A few months ago I posted I was looking for a rear SLR wheel which is a 20x11 and will accommodate a 305 tire. I got a great deal and drove a few miles just to pick it up...so if your just looking for the 305 tire you might post your looking for a SLR rear wheel...

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Try using www.willtheyfit.com. The site allows you to compare different wheel and tire sizes including Offset and generates a picture to show you the changes. You can easily see if the changes may move the tire/wheel assembly closer to the suspension and possibly cause problems. Unfortunately the Speedometer change calculation is not as accurate as I would prefer. I used to recommend using this site - Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person for an accurate Speedometer impact calculation, but DT appears to have removed the speedometer change calculation from that tool.
I have a 2015 Base model Slingshot and usually run a 17x10.5, 28mm Offset Mustang rear wheel with a 315/35ZR17 Nitto 555 G2 tire. www.willtheyfit.com shows the new tirechanging the spemeter reading to read a little low, but that tire is taller than stock and should therefore show a faster speed at the stock 65 mph rpms. Here's a ling to WillTheyFit that compares the 2 different tire/wheel/Offsets - https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...=35&wheel_size=17&wheel_width=10-5&offset2=28. This site provides a more accurate speedometer reading for the larger tire/wheel combo - Tire Size and Comparison Calculator. Just set Tire 1 for my stock 265/35R18 and Tire 2 for the larger 315/35R17 and the site displays a nice and accurate calculation on the impact of the 2nd tire compared to the 1st tire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I understand there are some good dudes out there selling packages for tires and wheels, but I don't really understand the offset thing or the math of tires and wheels, math is hard. Anyway, my inquiry is specific to purchasing tires and wheels locally at a shop, I have no idea what to look at with regard to Sling options. I would ultimately like to put a 305 on the rear and am not really concerned about how tall the front or back is for any reason other than I want the 305 on back. Does anyone have a simplified set of specific numbers for wheels, be they 20 or 22" that I can start looking at local shops for options to compare to the other online places that sell packages?

I hope that makes sense, I have been digging through here trying to find the information and am not finding what I am hoping to locate. I have a 16 SL LE. Thanks in advance for any help.
Just talk to Mitch at revdynamics. He specializes in slingshot wheels antires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts