Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a spider crack on top of the side piece where your elbow rests and would like to know if anyone makes a armrest or trim piece that would cover the crack? I already have the foam armrests installed on the inside. Thanks guys and gals.
lobo

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I guess I'm answering my own post in case someone else has the same problem. I ordered two more of the foam armrests in black from Slingmods similar to the previous one's that I had engraved, but this time no engraving so in looking at the previous one's already installed the curvature is correct so I will simply try and trim the two new one's to match the top of the side and install them. I'll let you know how it works out.
lobo

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
You might consider some self-adhesive carbon fiber lookin' material to cover the crack. Cracks like that are typically seen when people place their hand (and weight) on the body panel while getting in/out. This started when Polaris redesigned the bracket that supports the body panel around 2016.5/17, IIRC.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might consider some self-adhesive carbon fiber lookin' material to cover the crack. Cracks like that are typically seen when people place their hand (and weight) on the body panel while getting in/out. This started when Polaris redesigned the bracket that supports the body panel around 2016.5/17, IIRC.
Thanks BKL for the input. Mine is a 2016.5 so makes sense. I also have sat on that part with my big butt getting in and out so I think I cracked it. I can't seem to find any carbon fiber adhesive piece that works so I ordered the identical foam armrests to my existing one's and since the curvature is correct I will mark them with a Sharpie on the underside and trim them with an X-acto knife and then peel and stick them on, hopefully. Thanks again for the input.
lobo

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
That happened to my 16.5 and Polaris replaced it under warranty. They later beefed the underside brace up a bit. So far It hasn't happened to my '18 although I have to make use of that sometimes getting in or out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That happened to my 16.5 and Polaris replaced it under warranty. They later beefed the underside brace up a bit. So far It hasn't happened to my '18 although I have to make use of that sometimes getting in or out.
Thanks Ulflyer for the input. I called the local dealer Cycle Springs and they said that they have had Polaris cooperate sometimes on fixing the problem, but not at other times. Polaris has maintained that it is because the user put too much weight in that area and I notified him that when I had the SS in this week for a recall item the technician stated that crack happened due to Polaris relocating the support bracket causing that area to be weak. He asked for a picture of the crack which I had handy so I emailed it to him and he said he would advocate to Polaris on my behalf and see if they will repair it. I'm not holding my breath, but it is worth a try. Thanks again.
lobo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts