Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to ask the forum about a transport cover. I have an open air trailer and want to get a cover for the SS that will hold up to 70/80 MPH winds while being trailered (along with rain etc.). Anybody have any suggestions? Slingmods has several ranging from $90.00 to around $400.00. I'm hoping someone has done this and has a cover recommendation. My SS is a 2018 with a bullet speed V-back top.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I want to ask the forum about a transport cover. I have an open air trailer and want to get a cover for the SS that will hold up to 70/80 MPH winds while being trailered (along with rain etc.). Anybody have any suggestions? Slingmods has several ranging from $90.00 to around $400.00. I'm hoping someone has done this and has a cover recommendation. My SS is a 2018 with a bullet speed V-back top.
I have a Polaris Trailering Cover (About $450.00) It is designed for trailering. I have used it for several years going to Florida this time of year. I have a F4 5+ windshield and mirror extensions and it works. My trailer is a 7 x 14 with a 6ft gate.

First Florida trip in 2016
It's loaded and ready to head south first of next week.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Same here, the Polaris Slingshot Trailering Cover. Used it at 75 mph between MD and AR and back again. No rain got in, and never hinted at coming off.

Reactions: EjFord

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
The Polaris Trailering cover is the ONLY cover I have come across for use when trailering the Slingshot. Folks like @EjFord and a few others have posted about how well it works when trailering, but I have never found another car-type cover that is recommended for use when trailr a car-like vehicle. Every search I've ever made about towing classic cars does not recommend covering a vehicle when trailering and warns of damage to the finish. I have seen some motorcycle cvoers that are approved for trailering use, but the only available trailering cover for the Slingshot doesn't fit Slingshots with a Top.
When polaris originally released info on a cover for the Slingshade back before Polaris came up with the Excursion Top, Polaris offered the trailering cover for use on non-Slingshade-equipped Slingshots and the original Slingshade cover specifically did not mention use when trailering. The new Excursion Top is out-of-stock until March 2022 and does mention use for trailering, but doesn't claim to fit any Slingshot earlier than the 2022 models. Looking at the design of the Excursion Top, it appears to replace the stock roll hoops and may also fit earlier model years if Polaris didn't redesign the roll hoops/mounting points from the 1st Gen models. Until someone with an earlier model Slingshot risks buying and successfully installs the Excursion Top, we won't know for sure if the Excursion Top cover will work on earlier model years. It would also help if someone with the Excursion Top could post measurements showing the heights of the Excursion Top at various points above the Slingshot body. It would be even better if that person can actually compare the dimensions to the dimensions from the tops (TD, B&S, etc.,) that fit the earlier model years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts