Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dust cover for the transmission that Polaris left off is a stock GM/ACDelco part #24236514 available at multiple on line stores. Amazon Prime sells it for 11.00 with freight and Rock Auto has it for 10.00 and change. Just need a 1/2" 6MM bolt to attach it. I've seen some vendors looking for upwards of 25.00 bucks for the part.

Pictured it looks a lot bigger than it is. About 3" high and 1" wide.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The dust cover for the transmission that Polaris left off is a stock GM/ACDelco part #24236514 available at multiple on line stores. Amazon Prime sells it for 11.00 with freight and Rock Auto has it for 10.00 and change. Just need a 1/2" 6MM bolt to attach it. I've seen some vendors looking for upwards of 25.00 bucks for the part.

Pictured it looks a lot bigger than it is. About 3" high and 1" wide.
It says 1-2 Months for shipping?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
9.83 at http://www.cheapestgmparts.com/

Google the part # and you will find many vendors. Perhaps stock is low because of all the slingshot vendors are buying them all .Ha-Ha

Lets have a contest to see who can buy it the cheapest including freight. The part fits really well by the way.

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
That's the stamped passenger side dust cover #24236514. (We still need the driver's side cover.)
I have the aluminum cover, it sits flush and is very nice.

The exhaust manifold heat shield #12633413 comes up as $15.22 + $7.81s/h
GM Parts Now (looks like the same site) has $18.05.
Handling some places is $30 !!! (free shipping, if it's any consolation)
DDMWorks also has this complete with bolts and washers for $25.

It's not great looking, but it's better than without, and should keep the heat off the hood a bit better.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK guys we are all getting confused here.

Part # 12633413 is the exhaust manifold heat shield it's priced at 15.00 and change
Part # 24236514 is the cover for the transmission hole at 9.83

Not sure what part Amazon is out of for two months. Could be both. We may have a major run on GM parts from Slingshot owners. Probably taxing the GM supply chain.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
do what extent will the tranny be damaged w/o the cover?
Good question. Stuff might get in. GM makes a cover for it so it must be a recommended or necessary item to prevent all that stuff that could possibly fly in to the little opening. Lets just call it a stuff preventer.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's the stamped passenger side dust cover #24236514. (We still need the driver's side cover.)
I have the aluminum cover, it sits flush and is very nice.

The exhaust manifold heat shield #12633413 comes up as $15.22 + $7.81s/h
GM Parts Now (looks like the same site) has $18.05.
Handling some places is $30 !!! (free shipping, if it's any consolation)
DDMWorks also has this complete with bolts and washers for $25.

It's not great looking, but it's better than without, and should keep the heat off the hood a bit better.
I'm expecting one in any time. Will post bolt sizes when I get it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Bought one off of our vendors and would do it again. I have access to a waterjet and could crank one out myself but I believe in supporting small business. and these guys are spending a lot of time making cool shit for our toys.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts