Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I'd like to see some better pics without the cooler as to how the trailer connects to the hitch. I already have a cooler attachment on my trailer tongue. Exactly what's going on in this area with it?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I'm guessing that the "hitch", "clamps" onto the trailer tongue which is why it appears pretty rigid from the trailer ball hitch to the ball hitch up on top of the ss. While this may work for my trailer since it's an Escapade as used in the video, but don't see it working for the Tailwind.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
It is a ingenious way to avoid getting to the frame on the SS and/or around the rear wheel. I'm wondering about the handling/loading effects off the rollbars. What about if there was a crash, what happens depending from which direction? Direct from rear, will the hitch frame crumple or shear the roll bar to the back of the head? Not like the roll bars were designed with this in mind. Just some questions I have as much as I want a hitch for longer trips like to The Dragon.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Well, it's a one-off anyway, the builder states your free to copy or follow suit, no patent and no intent to manufacture. Even then it's more than I have right now to pull mine. Not a bad design/approach with room for improvement.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I agree with you SJ. It's a neatly done mod. When I saw the SS the first time my brain was trying to figure out a method to attach a hitch assembly. My thought at that time was something similar but used the rear deck as an attachment point above the license plate. Or fab up something that would attach to the swing arm. Maybe utilizing the shock mount in some way. Sort of like the Can Am set up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts