Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Big, please go to my website and request more information. I'll be glad to contact you and discuss trailers. Check us out on facebook also.

slingthingtrailers.com

·
Registered
545 Posts
Here is a photo of my SS on the Slingthing Trailer in the parking lot of the hotel during the Adirondack trip, all buttoned up for my trip home. It performed flawlessly, loading/unloading with a minimal amount of practice was swift, and I used the recessed D rings in addition to the custom wheel tie downs for added security. The rock guard completely protected the SS, and the optional LED lights made loading after dark a breeze. Now that I am confident and content with its performance, I'm ready to book Maggie Valley in May, a much LONGER ride, but it's going to be a blast.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
That looks great Rick. Looking forward to seeing you in Maggie.

Question, we are thinking about making the trailer 1 foot longer and moving the spare up into the air dam. Thoughts?

·
Registered
19 Posts
If I might suggest: measure how long your trailer needs to be from the rear wheel of your SS to the back of the front wheel. Your trailer needs to have this amount of room from the rear of it's wheel tubs, to the front crossbar. You will winch your SS onto the trailer rear tire first. This way you dont have to find that specialty flat sided trailer that has a minimum of 71 inches between the wheel tubs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It was not a car dolly, it was a full size car hauler. The uhaul car haulers are open in the middle with steel beams every two feet. Two twenty inch rails for 4 wheel vehicles. I simply strapped one ramp on the beams in the middle of the trailer, and used another ramp for the rear wheel and drove right up on the trailer. Wish I would have taken pics. It was very easy, secure and cheap.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts