Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Not good form to say that in any thread, much less a vendor's (where this was originally posted).
Only for the rich'

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
You got a black le for a toy.... Don't see a good trailer being anymore a luxury than having saddlebags, tires and wheels or a turbo. It's a accessory that some Deem as a needed tool, some will see it as a unneeded bling. My back and knees might just call a trailer without ramps as a need!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Got an all aluminum trailer with Dexter torsion single axle and electric brakes, spare tire with the ramps stowed in a locked compartment under the side of the trailer. Trailer is designed specifically for the slingshot and its low clearance. Total price
was $ 4,045 plus tax and freight to Texas. Trailer deck is 81" x 14' with 3' beaver-tail. Pulls like a dream and only weighs 875
pounds.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Got an all aluminum trailer with Dexter torsion single axle and electric brakes, spare tire with the ramps stowed in a locked compartment under the side of the trailer. Trailer is designed specifically for the slingshot and its low clearance. Total price
was $ 4,045 plus tax and freight to Texas. Trailer deck is 81" x 14' with 3' beaver-tail. Pulls like a dream and only weighs 875
pounds.
Pics please?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tripod,
I ordered one that would work with my Vette or my Slingshot. It has dual axles, is 16 ft long and has an airdam and tool box.
I can email you a picture of it and you can visualize it with one axle. My neighbor also ordered one. His is a single axle, 16'
long with tool box. He ordered it 2' longer because he wanted to haul his wife's Harley, sitting crosswise, in front of the Slingshot.
PM me and I will get them sent to you.

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
We need a pull behind trailer to put my husbands wheelchair in that matches the black pearl paint on our 2016 sl-le!
Any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
There are some incredible trailer builds, plus quite a bit of feedback on the forum. Recently CycleSprings started selling both open and enclosed trailers. Given they have them in stock, that's pretty cool, and the features (like open & close the lid from inside the trailer) are really useful.

With the interest in Slingshot events, and the bad weather that can happen during a long drive, a backup plan (or primary plan for those who don't want to drive the Slingshot hours on end) is a good idea for many. CycleSprings enclosed trailer allows hauling tools, fuel, and some extra equipment, all while keeping the Slingshot dry and the owner riding in comfort (such as when Northern States get dern cold, and Southern dern hot).

·
Registered
176 Posts
My first thought was 'that looks like a trailer from The Ultimate Trailer'. I went to the website and started watching the video where I found that is exactly who makes this trailer. As someone who bought a very basic SS trailer from them last February, I can only say it has been a major pain. Hopefully, they have made improvements as to how they run and secure the wiring, the compressor switch, the air hose among other things. The SS nose runs up on the fiberglass in the rock shield (friend fixed that). I just had more wiring fixed last week because it came 'unglued' from the fender and the tire ate it. I so wish I could have found a single axle aluminum trailer.

·
Registered
544 Posts
My first thought was 'that looks like a trailer from The Ultimate Trailer'. I went to the website and started watching the video where I found that is exactly who makes this trailer. As someone who bought a very basic SS trailer from them last February, I can only say it has been a major pain. Hopefully, they have made improvements as to how they run and secure the wiring, the compressor switch, the air hose among other things. The SS nose runs up on the fiberglass in the rock shield (friend fixed that). I just had more wiring fixed last week because it came 'unglued' from the fender and the tire ate it. I so wish I could have found a single axle aluminum trailer.
I agree 100%. I had major problems with the enclosed model, and had to return it for a full refund (thankfully I used a cc for a dispute).
Compressor leaked, front of trailer rubbed up against the SS causing damage, tie downs incorrectly placed, wiring issues. Would never buy another.

·
Registered
176 Posts
@rickgi, thanks for letting us know the outcome! I absolutely hate this trailer!! I now apparently have a slow air leak so the trailer gradually lowers - luckily it takes a couple days. Friend will look at it when I get to Arizona next month.

·
Registered
544 Posts
@rickgi, thanks for letting us know the outcome! I absolutely hate this trailer!! I now apparently have a slow air leak so the trailer gradually lowers - luckily it takes a couple days. Friend will look at it when I get to Arizona next month.
If you go where the compressor is (under the fender), there should be a 4-way connector with hoses attached. Most likely, either the connector is faulty (mine was), or the hoses are not sealed tight enough (you have to use special pipe-type seal on the threads to prevent leakage). I think they used loctite, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Noel I bet if you set up a " we'll take your slingshot to the Smokies" have the customers pick them up and then trailer them back to your shop would be pretty cool. I for one would be interested.

·
I have moved on!
2,900 Posts
I picked up a closed car hauler at a local dealer. If you get a V nose you can get away with a 14'
I whent with an 18' and added some cabinets and tools in the nose. When the SS is not used in the winter this is where I store it. I can PM some pictures if anyone hasn't seen it in a prior thread. I think I have $5500 into it with 10,000 lb axels.
Even if you are not using for your sling it is very versatile.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts