Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 GTLe and just added a slinghitch for pulling a small motorcycle trailer! Wiring the trailer harness and the brake switch is a PITA to get to!

Wanted to know the color coding for the brake lights . Tapping into it up front by the brake and front harness.

Everything else has been easy to find, but I need to know the color of the brake light from the brake switch and front-to-rear harness?

don’t have the 2020 service manual yet! Not sure they are available yet!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If the wiring and logic is the same as the earlier models, tapping the brake/turn/parking wiring is not a good idea. The added load can confuse the system and the lights may not work as expected.

Best thing you can do is get a trailer wiring adapter like the one sold at SlingMods. It uses a separate power feed from the battery to drive the trailer lights. They also sell a 5-to-4 wire converter if needed.

I installed the V1 trailer adapter harness 4 years ago, works perfectly. No cutting or splicing of wires, just in-line plug adapters.

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the wiring and logic is the same as the earlier models, tapping the brake/turn/parking wiring is not a good idea. The added load can confuse the system and the lights may not work as expected.

Best thing you can do is get a trailer wiring adapter like the one sold at SlingMods. It uses a separate power feed from the battery to drive the trailer lights. They also sell a 5-to-4 wire converter if needed.

I installed the V1 trailer adapter harness 4 years ago, works perfectly. No cutting or splicing of wires, just in-line plug adapters.
The trailer wiring harness that hooks in in the rear takes a lot of work to remove the panels to install. I tapped into the turn signals a running lights up front in just a few min. Think I can put in a pigtail connector at the switch and tsp in there. If that doesn’t work I can get to the fin light on the back pretty easy and use that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts