Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked to Bushtec Trailers 888 321 2516 to ask if they were developing a hitch for the Slingshot yet. The lady said not at this time but if anyone would like to take their bike to Bushtec and let them use their bike to develop a template they would provide that person with the hitch. If anyone is interested they are located in Jacksboro TN or you can call and get more details.
Disclaimer: I was told this by the lady who answers the phone so I would call to confirm before driving to the factory.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just talked to Bushtec Trailers 888 321 2516 to ask if they were developing a hitch for the Slingshot yet. The lady said not at this time but if anyone would like to take their bike to Bushtec and let them use their bike to develop a template they would provide that person with the hitch. If anyone is interested they are located in Jacksboro TN or you can call and get more details.
Disclaimer: I was told this by the lady who answers the phone so I would call to confirm before driving to the factory.
We have just released a trailer for the Slingshot please call or email me to order!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
Bushtec, best made hitches! Did anyone ever take advantage of their offer? I would have if I lived closer.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bushtec, best made hitches! Did anyone ever take advantage of their offer? I would have if I lived closer.
@Rando, short answer is yes, someone did. I just called Bushtec, they just finished installing one on a Slingshot from the Knoxville area. Apparently they are also building a fender. I suggest they make this known on the forum. The guy I talked to said he would try to get me a picture in the morning. If he does I'll be sure to post it here. He didn't know a price yet, they are just starting to produce them so they don't have any "in stock" but expect to soon.

·
Registered
564 Posts
@Rando, short answer is yes, someone did. I just called Bushtec, they just finished installing one on a Slingshot from the Knoxville area. Apparently they are also building a fender. I suggest they make this known on the forum. The guy I talked to said he would try to get me a picture in the morning. If he does I'll be sure to post it here. He didn't know a price yet, they are just starting to produce them so they don't have any "in stock" but expect to soon.
Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Has anyone installed a trailer hitch with full electrical hook up and been able to use the stock Polaris brake light switch?

·
Registered
317 Posts
We got the wiring harness and trailer hitch from slingmods. Hubby ran wiring harness but not able to get lights on trailer to work right. The left one comes on but not the right on. When you apply the brake, both lights go off. I read the wiring instructions to him a few times while he traced everything back and made sure all hooked up right and still same thing. He will have to call @SlingMods for help.

·
Registered
191 Posts
We got the wiring harness and trailer hitch from slingmods. Hubby ran wiring harness but not able to get lights on trailer to work right. The left one comes on but not the right on. When you apply the brake, both lights go off. I read the wiring instructions to him a few times while he traced everything back and made sure all hooked up right and still same thing. He will have to call @SlingMods for help.
I think you will find the NAPA brake switch will be the answer. But I'm waiting to see if anyone has success with the stock Polaris switch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We are almost sold out of our first production run and in process with another run of Sling Shot hitches. We have heard some concerns about the $599 price. This price includes the plug and play wire harness with CAN Bus compatible wiring isolator. Some people on the forums are saying they can build their own wire harness and would like to buy it without. we can do that if you are up to that challenge (the CAN BUS electrical system makes this very tricky on Sling Shots in particular). If that's your preference just let us know when ordering. Also it is the strongest and only frame mounted hitch available. Any and all that are mounted to the swing arm are going to be subject (and your trailer tongue as well) to a tremendous amount of jarring and vibration.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts