Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the first attempt trailer hitch but have never used it as there was no wiring harness kits available and I do not have the knowledge to build the ones others made ...

So did anyone ever make a harness kit for dummies ???

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the first attempt trailer hitch but have never used it as there was no wiring harness kits available and I do not have the knowledge to build the ones others made ...

I put the harness kit from SlingMods on mine. Used the 5 wire kit with the separate brake wire. Seems to work well, instructions weren't that hard to follow.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am going to Daytona on March 3rd until the 6th.Would like to meet for rides and meals.I am staying at the Ocean Shore Daytona 1000 North Atlantic Ave. Paul Sarault 239 478 6707 cell home 239 673-8931

·
Registered
8 Posts

Yes I just installed hitch and lights get it from slingmods just snaps in harness works great (Mile Runner)

·
Registered
103 Posts

Slingjockey's harness works awesome, easy to put together,

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
It can be cheaper to DIY build the harness with the info I provided, but one thing I didn't have and wished I did was the factory harness plugs to tie into rather than strip insulation and use wire taps. Your time is the biggy and whats it worth to you. A plug and play harness could save you a day or weekend of frustration depending on your skills.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It can be cheaper to DIY build the harness with the info I provided, but one thing I didn't have and wished I did was the factory harness plugs to tie into rather than strip insulation and use wire taps. Your time is the biggy and whats it worth to you. A plug and play harness could save you a day or weekend of frustration depending on your skills.
I saw your fantastic work but I could never have built that myself ... ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP !!!

After I get the stuff installed next will be finding a spacer so i can bolt a hitch on then beefing up my hitch which i read from way back might crack ...
lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts