Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
It will go in my 7x16. I measured it a while back and even the door had plenty of room. I will check that in the morning. But I remember checking it a while back... Its close but it will go..

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Y'all its 29 degrees and I'm in my boxer shorts. Im going out to my trailer just to measure the door. I must be crazy.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I can't imagine it fitting through the door of a 7' wide enclosed. Isn't the SS 78" inches wide? Seems like that's what I read somewhere.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Ok my inside width it 81 and my door width is 76. However I can only use 74 because of the wires.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
I believe mine is a continental cargo brand. I let the floor get wet and caught the leak just in time. Its stained my floor next to the walls. I was pissed because it was sitting in my field and the fron was lower than the back. And rain was coming in the back corner on the top and running down to the floor insife the wall. Of course it spread evenly to the front.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
hey Y'all, don't forget the dog, country music, or gallon of moon shine. LOL
That isnt cool. My dogs are awesome.

The big one is an full sized male Australian Shepherd and the small one is a female miniature Australian Shepherd. And they have obviously no connection to their bloodline. But they are ALMOST marked the same.

Now I do have some moonshine. And i did take guitar lessons.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
so how wide is the SS? Is it 78"?

Cute dogs!! Do they bark with a southern accent?
It says 77 inches. I may have read it was 74 somewhere. It will be close for sure. My opening is 77 inches. so it may be down to holding the wires back while i load it. Good topic because i thought my trailer door was wide enough.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It says 77 inches. I may have read it was 74 somewhere. It will be close for sure. My opening is 77 inches. so it may be down to holding the wires back while i load it. Good topic because i thought my trailer door was wide enough.
Or...you were into the moonshine when you measured before??
I assume that measurement doesn't include the mirrors? Do they fold in?

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
What does the Patriot service post have to do with this thread? Im not saying that your post isnt a great one. But I think you would get more people onboard with some forum etiquette. I will say I hijack alot of threads. But I try to stay on a fairly simular topic. Just sayin....

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Or...you were into the moonshine when you measured before??
I assume that measurement doesn't include the mirrors? Do they fold in?
Not sure. I havent seen the mount up close. Polaris has avoided displaying one in Alabama. I reckon they think we wont be intelligent enough to drive one.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
From the Polaris Slingshot Specs page -
Overall Width (in/mm) 77.6 in/1960 mm

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think it is closer to 77 1/2 inches.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts