Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
That looks like it will do the job. Do you have a centered rear pic?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
DID SOMEONE SAY BATMOBILE!!!
This is my fix to gain more traction. Fits great without the caliper and only 3.5" off center.

Now is there someone who can build me another swing arm to center it up?
Please give your feedback.
I cannot pick between like or funny for this post!

Awesome!

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
With a different swing arm to center the tire , wow. Total Bat Mobile, and Totally awesome.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Almost solved .Some finesse with the Clutch and gas doesn't help ?

·
Registered
122 Posts
This is my fix to gain more traction. Fits great without the caliper and only 3.5" off center.

Hey Cumrat, this idea will actually work. I have measured the wheel/tire to swing arm & measures 1 & 1/2" clearance. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we can go 1" wide on both sides. Does anyone know if 1/2" clearance is enough tolerance for tire/wheel combo (you know for expansion)?
IMG_0519.JPG

·
Registered
122 Posts
I see you had to take off caliper.
With a custom wheel that will center to the chassis and a bit narrower (to your existing wheel/tire combo) we have the solution to increasing torque & horsepower. I think we can now plan on supercharging or adding a turbo. We should start saving our $$$ for this cool project!

·
Registered
88 Posts

Interesting, How does It drive?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I would love the look if it was centered. I still have to wonder if all the extra weight isn't going to offset the extra traction and leave you no faster than you were before? Assuming a stock Slingshot...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Cumrat, this idea will actually work. I have measured the wheel/tire to swing arm & measures 1 & 1/2" clearance. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we can go 1" wide on both sides. Does anyone know if 1/2" clearance is enough tolerance for tire/wheel combo (you know for expansion)? View attachment 3749
Yes you're correct. I had 2" to the swing arm but only 1.5" to the coil.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would love the look if it was centered. I still have to wonder if all the extra weight isn't going to offset the extra traction and leave you no faster than you were before? Assuming a stock Slingshot...
There's really not a big weight difference with my set up. The wheel is a very light Weld racing wheel. I am really curious if I could get another swing arm built. I love BIG MEATS!!!!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I know it would probably look a little funny, but it would certainly be a lot cheaper to find a similar wheel w/enough offset to clear the brake assembly to let someone at least get an idea as to how much a wider tire helps/hurts handling w/o spending an excessive amount on a simple test. (Says the man w/o a Slingshot. Come on, Texas!:banghead:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts