Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm starting to get use to this rear end that loves to go sideways, until one tight right hander where I got a little too much right foot and the rear end let loose but the traction control stopped it from the rear end to drift into the only vehicle there (white pick up) descending;

·
Registered
915 Posts
Great Vids poser! It felt like I was there with you. Even though I was looking for it I still clenched up when I saw that damn truck. Very jealous of both the ride and the weather. I just wish ya left the music off for a minute, I swear from the video it sounds like a small jet engine whine. Does it sound like that in person?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great Vids poser! It felt like I was there with you. Even though I was looking for it I still clenched up when I saw that damn truck. Very jealous of both the ride and the weather. I just wish ya left the music off for a minute, I swear from the video it sounds like a small jet engine whine. Does it sound like that in person?
sure does SAINT! here;

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
IF Y'ALL TAKE ONE SINGLE PIECE OF ADVICE FROM ME, LET IT BE THIS:
THE SLINGSHOT PERFORMS BETTER AND HANDLES ROAD CONDITIONS BETTER WITH THE TRACTION CONTROL ON.
LEAVE TRAC ON.

Thank you.

Poser, those look like the kinds of roads I'd like to be on in my SS. Have fun and be safe, buddy!

Reactions: DKF Texas

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IF Y'ALL TAKE ONE SINGLE PIECE OF ADVICE FROM ME, LET IT BE THIS:
THE SLINGSHOT PERFORMS BETTER AND HANDLES ROAD CONDITIONS BETTER WITH THE TRACTION CONTROL ON.
LEAVE TRAC ON.

Thank you.

Poser, those look like the kinds of roads I'd like to be on in my SS. Have fun and be safe, buddy!
Copy THIS Kip...Thank You I will.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome.. just got mine back from service today. At just under 1k miles now. Heading through Mulholland Canyon tomorrow and PCH through Malibu.
NICE SM, Hope there wasn't anything major with the ECU, I read that Polaris called you on that.
Have fun on those roads! I'd try and join you but I have one work thing (I know :sour:) I have to take care of in Burbank then I'm hit'n Hwy 2 Crest to Newcomb's. Be safe!

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
NICE SM, Hope there wasn't anything major with the ECU, I read that Polaris called you on that.
Have fun on those roads! I'd try and join you but I have one work thing (I know :sour:) I have to take care of in Burbank then I'm hit'n Hwy 2 Crest to Newcomb's. Be safe!
Yeah man. That'd be fun with two Slingshots. Another time.
So my SS stalled 7 times on the way home from the dealership on the date of purchase. The problem got considerably better after 500 miles. I think it may have been an ECU issue. The issue seems to have mostly corrected itself. The revs do drop too low occasionally when coming to a stop.. but the engine no longer stalls.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts