Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is traction control disabled when the orange light stays on constantly. If I hit the toggle switch the light still stays on.

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
You might try shutting the engine off, then restarting it and reseting the toggle switch. That seems to work on mine.

·
Registered
852 Posts
What do you mean "resetting the toggle switch"? You mean go through the traction control on/off steps?

And why is there two traction control lights, the lower one is
actually "traction off".

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally found out why my traction control light was always on. Two of the connectors that are identical and are next to each other was reversed into my head light circuit. This was found when I went in for my 500 mile service. Everything now is working perfectly. The service was a little steep costing a little over $300.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Could you go into a little more detail? Which connector exactly? Do you have a check list of what they did during the 500 mile? I'm getting ready for mine.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you go into a little more detail? Which connector exactly? Do you have a check list of what they did during the 500 mile? I'm getting ready for mine.
I have no other detail other than both connectors were crossed and I did not get a checklist from the dealer. Make sure they quote you a price for this service to avoid a $300 to $400 charge..

·
Registered
83 Posts
WE had the same issue with a friend of mine's that just bought yesterday.....
We found the it was missing the bolt that holds the speed sensor in the rear hub was missing. We replaced it reset the ECM and it went off for about 10 miles then came on again. Taking it into dealer tomorrow. will post update later.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Any follow-up on this? I just had my 2016 delivered and the ESC light is also on always. No issues with driving or anything, so I assume it may be one of the two causes above.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ditto here. Drove the SS yesterday and all was fine. Out this morning to work, ESP light is on solid and won't go out. She's at the dealership now for that and a spongy brake pedal.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Please keep up posted- every time I have this issue (either on all the time, or on until I restart the engine,) it has been because the steering was not dead nuts on. It is apparently an extremely sensitive sensor, and a very quick re-set at the dealer........

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ditto here. Drove the SS yesterday and all was fine. Out this morning to work, ESP light is on solid and won't go out. She's at the dealership now for that and a spongy brake pedal.
Do you have a 2016 as well? I have a 2016, and both issues are present. The ESP light comes on and stays on, and my brake pedal feels like it has to prime first then it becomes solid after depressing a few times.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Mine was reset yesterday. Steering sensor was off. Blamed it on the laser alignment. Reset took fewer than 5 seconds.
Don't necessarily jump to the conclusion that it was due to laser alignment- My steering was off- re-set to zero, and about 3000 miles later- it needed to be re-set to zero. The sensor is real touchy, and if you hit a pothole, or speed bump-- it can set it off. It might have been laser alignment, but that is certainly not the only cause. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Don't necessarily jump to the conclusion that it was due to laser alignment- My steering was off- re-set to zero, and about 3000 miles later- it needed to be re-set to zero. The sensor is real touchy, and if you hit a pothole, or speed bump-- it can set it off. It might have been laser alignment, but that is certainly not the only cause. Just my opinion.
"Blame" was poor choice of words. Because my alignment was SO out of whack, the alignment guy said I should get reflashed if the ESC went on. It didn't till 2000 miles past.

·
Registered
267 Posts
My ESP light started coming on about 5 weeks ago. cycling the ignition would reset it at first but it got worse and worse, now it comes on as soon as the SS rolls. Been to the dealer 3 times now, they were never able to reset it. The sensor has failed and is on back-order. It came in last week but when they installed it 2 days ago, they found that the new sensor is also defective. Still on back-order, don't have any word yet on time-frame for another one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got mine back from the dealer after dropping it off yesterday with 375 miles on the clock for an ESP light on all the time and spongy brakes. I was told they managed to get quite a lot of air out of the brake system, and the EPS light was fixed with a recalibration of the steering system. The brakes are vastly improved and no ESP light for now, so I'm happy with their work and timeliness.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Just got mine back from the dealer after dropping it off yesterday with 375 miles on the clock for an ESP light on all the time and spongy brakes. I was told they managed to get quite a lot of air out of the brake system, and the EPS light was fixed with a recalibration of the steering system. The brakes are vastly improved and no ESP light for now, so I'm happy with their work and timeliness.
Glad all is well----have had a light show (CEL or ESP for 4000 of my almost 5000 miles), but never stopped riding, as neither seemed to affect performance of the machine...... both times on ESP was steering, CEL finally corrected itself after about 3800 miles........ We will never know why it fixed itself- Heaven knows- the dealer tried umpteen fixes..... I guess my EUC is a slow learner, but I am finally getting used to no lights, and love the SS even more! Ride on!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts