·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Welcome to the snarky end of the internet .:watching:

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
Had mine come on, but shut ithe SS off, turned the bike back on, and reset traction control off button and have not had it come on again.

I think it might have been set in the off position by accident!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I'm NOT an engineer, but how's this for a theory. We all know the engine is a GM 2.4 and they (Polaris dealers) seemed to drive home the point that the engine management system (ECU) was flashed to better perform with the lesser weight vs the oem vehicle. What if they're using a stock ECU from a Solstice (or Sky) and they THOUGHT they made the proper changes. Those changes may have been to the fuel delivery system only. Maybe the engine racing AND the traction control issues are interrelated. Is the ecu looking for a wheel speed sensor for the 4th wheel? (obviously there isn't one) If so, it doesn't know what to do or what to adjust. One would think if that's the case, it should go into a default "limp" mode and cut the power and not increase it. Could be something for them to consider (or just prove me wrong - it wouldn't be the first time).

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
If they are going to make that kind of flagrant mistake.. I might get lucky and they will drop in a GXP engine ..

·
Registered
780 Posts
Drove mine again today and the traction control light came on again. Shut it off, turned it back on and started the engine and re-set the traction control to off, all off and then back on and it has not come on again!

Seems like the Cruise may have been involved because the two times it has happened was when using Cruise!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm NOT an engineer, but how's this for a theory. We all know the engine is a GM 2.4 and they (Polaris dealers) seemed to drive home the point that the engine management system (ECU) was flashed to better perform with the lesser weight vs the oem vehicle. What if they're using a stock ECU from a Solstice (or Sky) and they THOUGHT they made the proper changes. Those changes may have been to the fuel delivery system only. Maybe the engine racing AND the traction control issues are interrelated. Is the ecu looking for a wheel speed sensor for the 4th wheel? (obviously there isn't one) If so, it doesn't know what to do or what to adjust. One would think if that's the case, it should go into a default "limp" mode and cut the power and not increase it. Could be something for them to consider (or just prove me wrong - it wouldn't be the first time).
Thanks
Drove mine again today and the traction control light came on again. Shut it off, turned it back on and started the engine and re-set the traction control to off, all off and then back on and it has not come on again!

Seems like the Cruise may have been involved because the two times it has happened was when using Cruise!
also drove mine today and it happened also again. Called dealer an d he said it must be reset at dealer but ok to drive. Will look for a decent day and drive to canton

·
Registered
780 Posts
When I reset mine I noticed the solid light was the light that comes on when the traction control is activated (sensing traction control or ABS needs to intervene). It is not the traction control "off" light or the ABS light.

The light that comes on and stays on is not one of the two different lights that gets toggled when I reset the ABS and Traction Control toggle switch.
I believe this light is the one that usually flashes when traction control or ABS is cutting in. So it appears that the system is sensing something and turning it on solid all the time.

Seems to reset when I shut down and restart and I can cycle through the traction control cycle and the TC and ABS lights turn on and off like they should. Not sure there is really a problem yet, will monitor it and see! Seems to drive fine when the light is on, but traction control might not be working?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
My light comes on to indicate a traction event and stays on until I turn off the key. Has anyone found a fix for this?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Some video would help clarify this issue greatly .

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I don't have video but I'll narrate. Driving along the traction control light is not illuminated. Take a corner fast causing the traction control to kick in and the light illuminates. Continue to drive and the light stays illuminated until I turn off the key. Pushing the button to override traction control does not make it go off.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I don't have video but I'll narrate. Driving along the traction control light is not illuminated. Take a corner fast causing the traction control to kick in and the light illuminates. Continue to drive and the light stays illuminated until I turn off the key. Pushing the button to override traction control does not make it go off.
Have you tried going to the next step on the switch? You have to push it in and HOLD it for 5 seconds. That disables the esp. Then hit it once more to get back to esp engaged. You might be seeing the esp light hanging and just needs to cycle to reset. It's worth a try

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'll try that again next time I'm out. One thing I forgot to mention, the traction control appears to work normally just the light is staying on.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts