Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

181 - 200 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
He mentioned the same for mine. Did he mention which rear end it is? Both the Dana 36 and 44 were used in the c4, but if you don't know off hand, no worries, I'll look as we are installing.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,801 Posts
Let me know if you want to stop over here for the nite and catch 70 back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sorry I didn't reach out. The weekend did not go as planned. Flight got delayed out to Traverse City. Left Traverse City much later than expected...ran in to a hell of an accident on I-96 that delayed me. I just wanted to get home asap. Mostly to beat the weather... Midwest was hot as hell and Colorado had rain storms. We will have to catch up at one of the shows soon!

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,153 Posts
Sorry I didn't reach out. The weekend did not go as planned. Flight got delayed out to Traverse City. Left Traverse City much later than expected...ran in to a hell of an accident on I-96 that delayed me. I just wanted to get home asap. Mostly to beat the weather... Midwest was hot as hell and Colorado had rain storms. We will have to catch up at one of the shows soon!
No worries at all, we can meet up somewhere along the way, I will be doing a bike ride in Sept and will be heading through Colorado for some mountain riding and Utah then forging onward to Cali. for some riding the coast and back from Santa Monica on old route 66 that remains to Chicago.

·
Registered
14 Posts
He mentioned the same for mine. Did he mention which rear end it is? Both the Dana 36 and 44 were used in the c4, but if you don't know off hand, no worries, I'll look as we are installing.

It's a Dana 36. The 44 is a little heavier, uses a different gear set and has a longer pinion snout. The 36 is overkill, the 44 would be excessive even for me :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Finally got my exhaust out the rear.

This is the Welter dual rear, but very little is left of the original, the mufflers of course and a couple of sections that we didn't cut underneath, and the y-pipe is still there, partially.

I've always had problems with my sections under the ride, especially the one that goes past the transmission. The pipe wasn't perfectly round, so had to use the muffler sealant on it, and when trying to remove it with the sealant on it, was always very hard.

So, I replaced all of the couplers with v-band clamps to solve the problem. I can now easily remove one section if needed to for maintenance. I also wrapped it all to hold the heat in.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,153 Posts
Looking good there Wok, The pipes help fill in the rear look. Really like the quad set up, maybe someday.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Wokka,
Love the look of those wider rear tires!
I will surely go as wide as I can when I smooth out my oem skins!!

WW

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thanks, I'm really pleased with how it came out. It was $700 for the exhaust work, including going back and getting the v-bands on it.

If anyone in the Dallas area needs any exhaust work, I highly recommend Mckinney Muffler and Speed Shop, Nick does great work.

181 - 200 of 212 Posts