Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To start.... I have always admired the Slingshot from a distance. Always figured, if I'd ever own one... I would have to go with a quad wheel kit. So, here I go...
Simply (for me), a stock Slingshot is very limited at putting the power to the road. Not saying the 3 wheels are not cool. Though,
I am a big fan of the Ariel Atom and KTM X-bow.. So why not a quad Sling Shot!
Moderators, if this is in the wrong section. Please move as you deem fit.
Disclaimer, I have no affiliation with the Trackhamr Company. This review is not a dig on any other Companies and/or quad kits on the market. I am sure theirs are very nice.
Simply, a honest real review of Trackhamr's customer service and kit (when I get to test it out, I will update here). Obviously, Trackhamr is a great resource for those of us Slingshot owners in the mid-west. They install more than just quad kits.

Trak Hamr – Four Wheel Conversion for the Polaris Slingshot

To date, my Slingshot Trackhamr quad kit is being installed. I am looking foward to the all aluminum Corvette rear-end (kit is designed to be able to buy parts at any US autoparts store nation-wide). Love the fact that this kit keeps my OEM ABS, OEM traction control, and OEM cruise control. I did go with a lower budget kit by just matching my existing OEM rear rim/tires. I like that I will be putting more hp/tq to the road with 2 wheels and the elimination of that noisy power robbing angled drive.
I have to say, Troy at Trackhamr is a wealth of knowledge for anything Slingshot, and any "go fast" track stuff. Obviously, a recovering speed junkie like alot of us SS owners!!!
Troy has gone out of his way to answer all of my questions and is very professional. I rode tripped solo out to Traverse City (to his office) from the MPLS area. Left last Friday morning at 3am. 12 hours later, arrived and began bombarding Troy with my 20 questions. Troy made sure I understood all of my kit options and colors. Troy even assist me in getting off to the airport. A class act all of the way.
I flyback in a few weeks to pick up my quad Sling. Troy had asked if he could take more time on mine so that he could R&D some new ideas/additions to his kit. I was more than willing to get a "improved" kit. Even though, I previously researched that his kit really needed no improvements. It is obvious that Troy is passionate about racing and is an engineering perfectionist.
Always wanting to improve things to the max. Typical of most true racers.
I will post pics of my quad kit when it is complete. For now, a few pics from my road trip to Trackhamr.
Just so you all know. I am not gaining anything from this review. Nor was I asked to do it. I just wanted to pass on my real World customer experience of a very cool and capable quad kit that comes with such high levels of customer service. Simply, I am very impressed.
More to come after it is completed and tested out.

Thanks ,
Webby
(FYI, the 2nd to last pic is the view from Troy's Lake view office).

20190429_115109.jpg

Screenshot_20190429-114947_Maps.jpg
20190426_114418(0).jpg

20190426_161103.jpg
Screenshot_20190429-182522_Video Player.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
To start.... I have always admired the Slingshot from a distance. Always figured, if I'd ever own one... I would have to go with a quad wheel kit. So, here I go...
Simply (for me), a stock Slingshot is very limited at putting the power to the road. Not saying the 3 wheels are not cool. Though,
I am a big fan of the Ariel Atom and KTM X-bow.. So why not a quad Sling Shot!
Moderators, if this is in the wrong section. Please move as you deem fit.
Disclaimer, I have no affiliation with the Trackhamr Company. This review is not a dig on any other Companies and/or quad kits on the market. I am sure theirs are very nice.
Simply, a honest real review of Trackhamr's customer service and kit (when I get to test it out, I will update here). Obviously, Trackhamr is a great resource for those of us Slingshot owners in the mid-west. They install more than just quad kits.

Trak Hamr – Four Wheel Conversion for the Polaris Slingshot

To date, my Slingshot Trackhamr quad kit is being installed. I am looking foward to the all aluminum Corvette rear-end (kit is designed to be able to buy parts at any US autoparts store nation-wide). Love the the fact that this kit keeps my OEM ABS, OEM traction control, and OEM cruise control. I did go with a lower budget kit by just matching my existing OEM rear rim/tires. I like that I will be putting more hp/tq to the road with 2 wheels and the elimination of that noisy power robbing angled drive.
I have to say, Troy at Trackhamr is a wealth of knowledge for anything Slingshot, and any "go fast" track stuff. Obviously, a recovering speed junkie like alot of us SS owners!!!
Troy has gone out of his way to answer all of my questions and is very professional. I rode tripped solo out to Traverse City (to his office) from the MPLS area. Left last Friday morning at 3am. 12 hours later, arrived and began bombarding Troy with my 20 questions. Troy made sure I understood all of my kit options and colors. Troy even assist me in getting off to the airport. A class act all of the way.
I flyback in a few weeks to pick up my quad Sling. Troy had asked if he could take more time on mine so that he could R&D some new ideas/additions to his kit. I was more than willing to get a "improved" kit. Even though, I previously researched that his kit really needed no improvements. It is obvious that Troy is passionate about racing and is an engineering perfectionist.
Always wanting to improve things to the max. Typical of most true racers.
I will post pics of my quad kit when it is complete. For now, a few pics from my road trip to Trackhamr.
Just so you all know. I am not gaining anything from this review. Nor was I asked to do it. I just wanted to pass on my real World customer experience of a very cool and capable quad kit that comes with such high levels of customer service. Simply, I am very impressed.
More to come after it is completed and tested out.

Thanks ,
Webby
(FYI, the 2nd to last pic is the view from Troy's Lake view office).

View attachment 175215
View attachment 175217 View attachment 175219
View attachment 175221 View attachment 175223
Awesome write up man! I too am a quad kit dreamer. I'm just now purchasing my first turbo kit and my next move was the Trak quad kit. I'm anxious to see photos. Also, you think you can let us know what some of the price altering options you have when putting together your quad kit choice? I'm intersted in knowing how much one of these go for. I'm waiting on a call from Trakhmr for a quote well. Thanks again for the informative up.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Mambo,
I will post up photos when done.
If you research these kits and the few companies doing them. You will find that they are not nowhere cheap to do (really they cant be if they are true quality).
Lots of, lots of, moving parts, too many different variables.. rims, tires, brakes, brake lines, differential gearing, suspension, custom framing, plenty of labor and the total vehicle adjustment and alignment, etc, etc....
I will say that Troy was competitive and fair about his prices. We negotiated my deal. It would not be right of me to post it all over the internet. I do not represent his business or dealings. I will venture to say, Troy dealed me the fairest price I could find. The price really is no secret. Email him for a quote. Thats how I started. His quote smoked other quotes I got.

Webby

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm anxiously awaiting your report. Quad is on my list, but not going to happen in the next year or two I don't think.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wokka,

I will post up my initial drive impressions and photos in a couple weeks when I pick it up.

Webby

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,801 Posts
I definitely want to make it happen...and I have friends all over Michigan...so it would be an awesome road trip...but one hell of an expensive road trip lol

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Before Photos:

Resized_20190327_170458.jpeg
20190425_161235.jpg

Br4hm4,

You won't regret going to 4. I am very excited to get mine back. Like a kid looking forward to Christmas!! As previously hinted. Us Mid-Westerner Slingshot folks are lucky to have Trackhamr in our back yard.
I will post some pics of the install process after I get them.

Webby

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok all,
Troy got me these pics today. Project is on schedule and coming along beautiful. I will be picking it up in 2 weeks!!
I have to decide on powder coat colors.
What you all think for colors??
Appreciate any of your ideas.
My color pallet is this: navy blue, black and gunmetal (frame color).
1st the wife was pushing me to go all black except for the control arms/braces going out to the wheels (do in navy blue).
Then, I've thought. Do everything in the navy blue except for the control arms/braces going out to the wheels. Do those black.
Troy's recommendations:
"My suggestion (do with it what you want) would be to match the frame color, so it looks factory, on the main frame. Wrinkle black finish on the driveline so it looks factory, and trailing arms in Navy Blue for a splash of color. I think that will look showroom factory styling and the small contrasts will set it off. Again, that's if it was mine and a suggestion only."
Troy is obviously the expert and I trust his opinions.
BTW, can't say enough great things about Troy and Trackhamr.

What you all think?
Webby
IMG953820.jpg
IMG953821.jpg
IMG953822.jpg
IMG953817.jpg
IMG953818.jpg
IMG953819.jpg

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'd trust Troy, otherwise later if you go with a lot of color on the frame, you'll want the rest of the frame to match.

I'm very jealous, I want mine done, went turbo instead this year...

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,801 Posts
I'd go Troy's route. Looks great so far!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wokka and Br4hm4,
Yes. Leaning with Troy, Hell, he'd know! Wife is putting in her 3 pennies... Just gotta be diplomatic!!!!!
I obviously decided to go 4 wheels 1st, more power next year!

Webby

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
ConnMan,
Amen Brother! So the wife has given her opinions.
I will attach a pic for reference. All you see white in the pic. She now thinks maybe mostly Navy Blue. Then where you see the black going out to the wheels... Keep that black also. She also likes Troy's recommendations. I am thinking that might be too much blue. Troy's idea seems right on the money.

Webby
1557618855-picsay.jpg

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Personally, I think keeping most of the new rear assembly frame-colored will make the new rear look more stock. you can then add some subtle color, as desired.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
More pics from Troy today. His updated swing arm is completed.
Looks kick @ss!
Here is what he said:
"New Sway Bar design is complete.
Much stronger and the link pick ups are moved outward 6" for more rigidity.
Coming apart tomorrow for regear and powder coat/paint."

Can't wait to get it back.
Webby

IMG950625.jpg
IMG950627.jpg
IMG950626.jpg

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Heard from Troy this afternoon. Build is on schedule, parts are powder coated (went with his recommendations).
More pics to come this weekend after assembly.

WW

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My Quadshot is complete!!
Pick it up Friday. Turned out great!! Troy and Trackhamr rocks!!
It will be a rainy drive back to MN on Friday but I will be grinning ear to ear.

Webby
1558492212-picsay.jpg
1558492046-picsay.jpg
1558491866-picsay.jpg
IMG953886.jpg
IMG953890.jpg
1558395908-picsay.jpg

1 - 20 of 212 Posts