Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Toy Haulers on the market can be used with our Slingshots? I have a 2006 Weekend Warrior that works. I would like to upgrade but I need a Toy Hauler that works with our Slingshots.

Anyone have information to share?

·
Registered
69 Posts
What Toy Haulers on the market can be used with our Slingshots? I have a 2006 Weekend Warrior that works. I would like to upgrade but I need a Toy Hauler that works with our Slingshots.

Not knowing what price range it is kind of hard to help. There are a lot to choose from. As long as it is about 14ft in length or the toy area, it should fit. Most RVs are from 100" to 110" wide.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also own a 2015 Cyclone 4200 but the ramp is too steep as the toy hauler sits very high. The garage is only 10 as well. I thought the slings were 14.5 ft long

·
Registered
69 Posts
I also own a 2015 Cyclone 4200 but the ramp is too steep as the toy hauler sits very high. The garage is only 10 as well. I thought the slings were 14.5 ft long
12.9 ft long. You will need to use block to raise the angle of the ramp correctly, then use motorcycle ramps to extend the length. Pretty easy. Pick of mine on 14ft trailer

·
Registered
5 Posts

We purchased a 2021 Grand Design 350 G with a 14.5 ft garage to replace our 350G. It hauls our SS with no problem. I have 22” Lexani Rims so it helps with loading. Also use race ramps to change angle of ramp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We purchased a 2021 Grand Design 350 G with a 14.5 ft garage to replace our 350G. It hauls our SS with no problem. I have 22” Lexani Rims so it helps with loading. Also use race ramps to change angle of ramp.
Sorry that was a 350M we had before.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm looking at trailers as well. If you get a dove tail in the back with a long enough ramp you may not have to carry extra ramps. Also what kind of shed is that Bgmac?

·
Registered
2 Posts
What are you pulling your RV with? F350? Gear Ratio? 3.55? 3.73? 4.10? Do you have any issues? Thank you.

618 Posts
Great info here. Other than length, the key dimension for Slingshot hauling is width. As Slingshot's front suspesion is very wide, actually wider than most passenger cars, some haulers and trailers won't fit the bill.

For stock wheels and tires, 78" is a good go-to. Any trailer/hauler with 78" or more between the inside wheelwells should suffice. If one's Sling has aftermarket wheels and times, a quick look with a tape measure should get the job done, as your results may in fact be even wider.

Bear in mind that many trailer and hauler descriptions don't quote this number; they tend to quote the actual floor width, which is always considerably wider than the distance between the wheelwells. All the same, one must know distance between wheelwells in order to properly choose a Sling trailer or hauler.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,169 Posts
I would go 82” minimum. I have an inch clearance between wheel Wells with this setup. I do have wide wheels. An 4 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

618 Posts
I would go 82” minimum. I have an inch clearance between wheel Wells with this setup. I do have wide wheels. An 4 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You're quite correct. I neglected to add that as 78" is the width of Slingshot, we'd want to be wider than that for adequate clearance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello - we are narrowing our choice down and wondering if this pic shows with a w/d connected or what did you do with it once the SS was loaded?
The picture does not show our 3500 GMC attached. The 350 G is tight but I can walk around it once it is loaded. I cross tie the front and back to the D-Rings in the floor. I never load without truck attached. With 22” rims and stealth exhaust, I do not need to raise the ramps with 2x4 lumber as in PIC since it now has better clearance. Still need race ramps and a level surface.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts