Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have any idea if the ss will be able to tow a single motorcycle trailer. I know I can tow a 16 foot jet boat with my fiesta. I would love to tow my cross country out to the tail and have both there to ride.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem. Plenty of torque, just be easy on take-offs. A lot of us are waiting (patiently for a change,) for the aftermarket to put one out there. Most of em are just on hold till they get a SS to start development.

·
Registered
124 Posts
John,
There won't be any problem at all towing a trailer with the SS, I have towed a small cheap one I built out of a cheap frame and a Cargo Carrier from Sears. Other than repacking the wheel bearings and putting in new grease seals, no issues at all. This was on one of 5 Harley's I had plus now the Goldwing. You seldom knows it's even back there till you pull in for gas and the trailer bounces up over the curb. You will love being able to take all you need for a couple of weeks out there if that's what you want to do. Now all we need is the hitch aftermarket to kick in, plus a plug and play for the wiring.
Tom

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol cool! Any of the after market guys in the north east need any information or a ss they are more then welcome to use mine. It's in a nice heated auto repair shop on a lift on Long Island. I have all the equipment and welders you would need.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
The brp spider has a trailer hitch but I would not want that ugly thing on my ss. Hitch that is detachable would be great.

·
Registered
215 Posts
An upper frame mount would also make a great place to mount a small fender over the wheel to control the rooster tail from wet/snowy roads. One will be available soon (I hope.)

·
Banned
57 Posts
You guys can do what you want but no hitch for me it's like adding more problems.
To the list of problems we already have
if I need to tow something that's what my truck is for besides I bought my SS to have fun with and cruise the streets.
That's just my opinion no disrespect for the SS owners that want to go that route

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
You guys can do what you want but no hitch for me it's like adding more problems.
To the list of problems we already have
if I need to tow something that's what my truck is for besides I bought my SS to have fun with and cruise the streets.
That's just my opinion no disrespect for the SS owners that want to go that route
Always had plenty of room on my Goldwing. Enough for 2 week trip. Just stop once if you have to at a Laundromat. Yes, the spyder hitches are ugly.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't want anything to do with a trailer. I enjoy driving country roads and enjoying the ride and the views. I live in the California Delta area and it is just a great place to ride. I do plan to take a trip across country but I have plenty of room behind the seat storage. For a trip ....just pack smart. :happy:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Pretty soon people will be wanting to add a third person seat lol. If they wanted that vehicle to tow stuff I think they wouldve built it into the design. Please dont mess up your SS.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Pretty soon people will be wanting to add a third person seat lol. If they wanted that vehicle to tow stuff I think they wouldve built it into the design. Please dont mess up your SS.
Maybe they could design a rumble seat so you could put a Midget back there LOL :woot:

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm started building a hitch today. Well mostly design work and will gather materials in the next couple of days. I'll post up more info as progress goes along.
I intend it to be easily removed when not needed so it'll only be on during longer vacations / trips.
Larry

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm started building a hitch today. Well mostly design work and will gather materials in the next couple of days. I'll post up more info as progress goes along.
I intend it to be easily removed when not needed so it'll only be on during longer vacations / trips.
Larry
Great, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

·
Registered
542 Posts
For the naysayers wife & I like to travel much like we did with our motorcycles and trikes. I'm not really into the go fast stuff anymore so it's all about comfort when out cruising. Towing along a small lightweight trailer on trips allows us to take what we need/want. Besides once we get somewhere, staying from a few days to a week, we park the trailer till we hit the road again.
Sure we could load the SS onto a trailer and haul it, can do that too if we chose to. But I'd rather drive the SS then my crew cab truck. It's all about having options. May even get a mc camper someday.
As I stated earlier most times the hitch would be off.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts