Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Has Polaris developed a tow bar for the Slingshot?
How about a lightweight trailer?
How about a tow dolley?
Do you mean hitch or tow bar? I assume you mean tow bar since you also mentioned a tow dolley. I emailed Polaris asking about possibly using some kind of tow dolley to carry the rear wheel, with the Slingshot being towed backwards. Their reply was that the Slingshot should be transported via trailer with a relatively low approach angle.
To safely tow the Slingshot with all three wheels on the ground for any distance beyond a few miles will probably require removal of the drive belt while towing to reduce wear and tear on the drive system. From watching the Maintenance Videos, it doesn't look like it should be that hard to remove and reinstall the belt. Harbor Freight sells an A-frame tow bar that should provide a cheap towing option once suitable mount points for the tow bar can be identified on the front of the Slingshot. At its simplest, I envision some rails (either removable or fixed) mounted to the flat frame sections where the suspension attaches. I would think a vendor w/engineering expertise should be able to make a complete system with tow bar and mount points designed for the Slingshot for $250-400 or so.
I emailed Polaris asking about possibly using some kind of tow dolley to carry the rear wheel, with the Slingshot being towed backwards. Their reply was that the Slingshot should be transported via trailer with a relatively low approach angle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts