Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question as to whether or not any of you have used your Slingshots for week long trips. I currently have an HD Ultra which my wife & I use for 2 long vacations each year and have also had a CanAm. We are interested in the Slingshot, but I don't see any luggage options available.

Thanks!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Recommend you do a search and enter LUGGAGE. There have been several threads on the subject. I have 2 of the VIKING (VK-2337-2,700-3200 Cubic Inch) bags that fit over the Roll bars without touching the rear panels. They were not very expensive and are perfect for a 3-7 day trip. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Recommend you do a search and enter LUGGAGE. There have been several threads on the subject. I have 2 of the VIKING (VK-2337-2,700-3200 Cubic Inch) bags that fit over the Roll bars without touching the rear panels. They were not very expensive and are perfect for a 3-7 day trip. Good luck.
Thanks...I assume when you say "roll bars" you're referring to the 2 uprights behind each seat?

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,157 Posts
You have many options, you can add side bags, you can pull a trailer, you can add a top that will use a Thule carrier, you can add the rear hanging bags as suggested.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thanks...I assume when you say "roll bars" you're referring to the 2 uprights behind each seat?
Yes, there are several manufacturers of these type but I liked the Viking bags the best.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Luggage compartments behind seats hold plenty of clothes etc.. for week long trips. I am always amazed at what people think they need to take on a trip. And a week trip is not a long trip to me. As a previous post says, there are plenty of soft luggage options that come with huge Velcro attachment pads that you can attach to your roll hoop without damaging the paint. Sedici sells a great one on Cycle Gear site.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Corbin makes a set of 2 bags designed to fit perfectly into the 2 storage compartments behind the seats. I believe they are only $250 for the set. They're a little bit bigger than a carry-on sized suitcase would be. Could easily pack a weeks worth of clothes in each bag, probably closer to 2 weeks worth for myself. Definitely way more room than any bagger I've seen

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
I used these waterproof bags and just strapped them onto the sides, worked great and each bag is 130L. They do not stick out wider than the SS

20150914_184314.jpg 20150914_184043.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I pack light and hit laundromats when needed. I go find a bench, light up a Griffin cigar and thank God for all my blessings. People pack way too heavy. I've used nothing more than the behind the seat bags and stayed gone 2 weeks. Always kept clean clothes and had a blast.

·
Registered
164 Posts
We added the Corbin hard side bags as we like the way it finished off the look of the SS from the rear. We also have a set of the water proof luggage bags from Meansling.com which strap onto the roll bars of our roof in the rear. We have done a 10 day road trip and had more than enough room for everything we needed plus things we bought along the way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts