Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HJC IS-MAX BT Bluetooth Helmet

The IS-MAX BT Helmet is Bluetooth ready, with an exterior module recess and interior speaker cavities. This helmet has an integrated recessed cavity for theChatterBox XBi2-H Bluetooth Intercom, which is sold separately.

• Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell
    • Lightweight, superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology
    • Aerodynamic shell with large eyeport for greater visibility
    • Impact absorbing, multiple density EPS liner
  • Flip-up Chin Bar and Face Shield
    • Single-button release allows chin bar/face shield to be easily opened or closed with either hand
    • Flip-up chin bar makes communicating with with your helmet on easier and wearing glasses more comfortable
  • XBi2-H Wireless Intercom Compatible:
    • Built-in recess pocket with panel cover allows the XBi2-H unit to integrate with the IS-Max BT helmet, minimizing wind resistance and creating an ergonomic design
  • ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System
    • Multi stage intake vents combine with rear exit vents to provide flow-through ventilation
    • Chin bar intake vent provides airflow across the shield interior to help eliminate shield fogging
  • SilverCool™ Removable/Washable Interior Lining
    • Moisture-wicking and odor-free interior with advanced SilverCool™ antibacterial fabric
    • Comfortable, removable and washable
  • SunShield Visor System
    • One-touch integrated smoke-tinted SunShield (U.S. Patent Pending #11/335,855) deploys and retracts quickly and easily
    • Adjustable to three positions
  • HJ-17 Shield and Quickslide Shield Replacement System
    • QuickSlide shield replacement system allows for quick, secure and tool-less shield removal and installation
    • Optically correct face shield offers 95% UV protection
    • Comes with a Pinlock-ready face shield, Pinlock Lens inserts are available
  • Nylon Strap-Retention Band
    • Neatly secures chin strap
Tech Specs

• Standards: DOT-218
  • Construction: Injection-Molded Thermoplastic shell with ABS / Polycarbonate Alloy chin bar
  • Weight: 3.86 lbs / 1750 grams (approx, based on Size Medium Solid Color)
Note: Chatterbox XBi2-H sold separately.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O'NEAL COMMANDER BLUETOOTH HELMET

Very affordable and yet loaded with impressive features, the O’Neal Commander Bluetooth helmet is what price conscious riders have been looking for a long time. The Bluetooth capability is the highlight and it should be. 10 hours of talk time, 100 foot rider to rider intercom and GPS voice commands make this a great helmet for touring and commuting. Additionally, the Commander boasts a drop down sun shield and flow through venting. For riders looking for a lot of bang for their buck, this is it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
HJC IS-MAX BT Bluetooth Helmet

The IS-MAX BT Helmet is Bluetooth ready, with an exterior module recess and interior speaker cavities. This helmet has an integrated recessed cavity for theChatterBox XBi2-H Bluetooth Intercom, which is sold separately.

• Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell
    • Lightweight, superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology
    • Aerodynamic shell with large eyeport for greater visibility
    • Impact absorbing, multiple density EPS liner
  • Flip-up Chin Bar and Face Shield
    • Single-button release allows chin bar/face shield to be easily opened or closed with either hand
    • Flip-up chin bar makes communicating with with your helmet on easier and wearing glasses more comfortable
  • XBi2-H Wireless Intercom Compatible:
    • Built-in recess pocket with panel cover allows the XBi2-H unit to integrate with the IS-Max BT helmet, minimizing wind resistance and creating an ergonomic design
  • ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System
    • Multi stage intake vents combine with rear exit vents to provide flow-through ventilation
    • Chin bar intake vent provides airflow across the shield interior to help eliminate shield fogging
  • SilverCool™ Removable/Washable Interior Lining
    • Moisture-wicking and odor-free interior with advanced SilverCool™ antibacterial fabric
    • Comfortable, removable and washable
  • SunShield Visor System
    • One-touch integrated smoke-tinted SunShield (U.S. Patent Pending #11/335,855) deploys and retracts quickly and easily
    • Adjustable to three positions
  • HJ-17 Shield and Quickslide Shield Replacement System
    • QuickSlide shield replacement system allows for quick, secure and tool-less shield removal and installation
    • Optically correct face shield offers 95% UV protection
    • Comes with a Pinlock-ready face shield, Pinlock Lens inserts are available
  • Nylon Strap-Retention Band
    • Neatly secures chin strap
Tech Specs

• Standards: DOT-218
  • Construction: Injection-Molded Thermoplastic shell with ABS / Polycarbonate Alloy chin bar
  • Weight: 3.86 lbs / 1750 grams (approx, based on Size Medium Solid Color)
Note: Chatterbox XBi2-H sold separately.
I just bought two of the HJC Max-IS BT helmets. The helmets were $199 each and the Chatter Box Bluetooth units were $250 each. After tax there wasn't much change left out of a $1000 bill.

·
Registered
231 Posts
What are some of the best helmets that come are bluetooth ready?
I have two of the HJC IS-MAX BT with two Chatterbox Bluetooth units and I am well pleased with them. Got them about a month before my SS arrived. I haven't had another type of helmet to compare them to but I have no regrets of buying them, except maybe the price. Especially the Chatterbox units at $250 each.
What are some of the best helmets that come are bluetooth ready?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have two of the HJC IS-MAX BT with two Chatterbox Bluetooth units and I am well pleased with them. Got them about a month before my SS arrived. I haven't had another type of helmet to compare them to but I have no regrets of buying them, except maybe the price. Especially the Chatterbox units at $250 each.
Can you pair both to the radio at the same time

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
If you are interested in a 3/4-style helmet, I've been considering the Bell Mag-9 Sena helmets which I saw referenced in another thread.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bell-mag-9-sena-helmet-solids

I have not purchased my SS yet, so am still researching helmets as well.

I bought 4 sizes of these helmets (in matching red) with the Sena, from Rick Case Honda in FL. They had them all in stock, and installed the Sena for me, then shipped to my home in MA. Great dealer, and a great helmet. I can listen to the radio, answer the telephone, hear the GPS, and talk to my passenger, all hands free. At speed, one doesn't have to yell to be heard. I think it's the perfect compromise between a beanie half helmet and a constricting full face. (For really hot weather or short runs though, I throw on a DOT approved half helmet).

·
Registered
231 Posts
I just bought the wife and I this helmet and we really like them. I didn't buy the sena yet until I do some riding to see if we even need them.
With a regular passenger you may not need the Sena but my wife talks ALOT. It is a lot easier to hear her with my chatterbox unit. You don't have to holler and lean over to hear each other. Works very well

·
Registered
32 Posts
I use J&M electronics in a Shuberth C3 lid. Light, quiet and convenient to use (flip up) and the sound and comm ability is better than anything else I've tried. Add that it's the easiest helmet to live in for prolonged periods of time I've used. Also like their controls. I can cut my comm link without passenger knowing....

·
Registered
415 Posts
I love my sena SMH5. good volume and the intercom system works really well for the price. You can pick a pair already paired. Just turn on and go.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My wife and I finally received our pair of smh10s this past weekend and are both amazed at the difference that being able to easily chat while driving has made on our enjoyment of the ss.

So far, our preference is to play music through the car speakers and then leave the intercom channel open to chat. I was worried about the wind noise from our 3/4 bell mag-9 helmets, but it is not bad at all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quietest helmet I've ever used is the Shuberth C3, also the lightest. Add the best speakers for music, J&M (wired is better than Bluetooth for ease of use) and that would be my tried and tested best kit. Check Motorcycle Consumer News for past tests on helmets and helmet speakers. BTW, using a Garmin Zumo w/Bluetooth made for good phone calls as well as long as you've got the right windshield for your height

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Okay I bought a shuberth C 3 pro helmet with the SRS system cost me 991 dollars but I'll tell you this is the best audio system I have ever heard and the helmet is great well worth the money even has a built in 6 station FM tuner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts