Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Great video. It looks fairly quick and the tablet mount looks pretty awesome.

Reactions: xtreme2424

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I like the looks of the helmet but if its not a helmet I don't want 1 I'll use my helmet from that I use on my Goldwing what was the passengers fooling around with the display on the consult for was he looking for a radio

·
Banned
190 Posts
Nice video Extreme, Thanks for posting.
How do you like the slingshot helmet ?
The helmets ARE nice, but here's a cheaper alternative I like a lot better. 100% carbon fiber, with built in, drop down sun shield, eliminating the need to carry two shields. It's incredibly light & aerodynamic and I actually like it better than my $800.00 Nexx helmet.
The best part is, it's under $200.00!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vega-Stealt..._Merchandise&var=&hash=item2c90ece925&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
36 Posts
Question:

I'm hearing the high pitch that I presume is what everyone has been referring to like it was the transmission howling. Can someone watching the video confirm? Curious because that sound was noticeably absent in the demo ride videos I had seen previously before they started shipping. Figure it is probably the howling, but could just be a turbo for all I really know.

Looks like a great ride. Would like to reverse whatever change they made that added that squeal when mine arrives though ;)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Question:

I'm hearing the high pitch that I presume is what everyone has been referring to like it was the transmission howling. Can someone watching the video confirm? Curious because that sound was noticeably absent in the demo ride videos I had seen previously before they started shipping. Figure it is probably the howling, but could just be a turbo for all I really know.

Looks like a great ride. Would like to reverse whatever change they made that added that squeal when mine arrives though ;)
It's the supercharger! :)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like the looks of the helmet but if its not a helmet I don't want 1 I'll use my helmet from that I use on my Goldwing what was the passengers fooling around with the display on the consult for was he looking for a radio
He was playing with the gopro app on the tablet. You can watch what you are recording.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Nice video, but best recording of the whine I've heard yet. Louder when accelerating but pretty constant. Now it IS sounding more like gear whine.
Which kind of bums me out.

But God that looks like fun anyway.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts