Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm worried about getting too much attention while driving this and it spoiling the experience. Will Polaris give us little business cards to get people to shut up? I know some companies do this, bose or brp did it when I bought their products. is it rude if I just ignore people yelling at when I drive down the street?

·
Registered
183 Posts
just turn that radio up up up ;)

I for sure understand what your saying though.
It's one thing wanting to talk about it. But having to at each stop light would get
a little ridicules! Go a back way, side roads or something if your just wanting to
enjoy the drive. I think around here for the most part people will look at it.
But not everyone seems to try and stop you to talk.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'm worried about getting too much attention while driving this and it spoiling the experience. Will Polaris give us little business cards to get people to shut up? I know some companies do this, bose or brp did it when I bought their products. is it rude if I just ignore people yelling at when I drive down the street?
Haha....YOU WILL GET ATTENTION!

In T-Rex is quite amazing how many pictures rolling and thumbs up that we have .... Many questions at each services station or restaurant... but that I thought it was nice !

Part less fun, is when a 20 year old arrives with his Honda lowered and want to race and follow you for 20 kilometers with his gang of friends ... that's very less fun !!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I say bring on the attention!
I agree...it makes me smile, so why would it not make others smile and want to know about it.

It's kinda of like walking down the street with those DD's on your arm, you want everyone to appreciate them, just don't touch and don't act like a jerk or one of those little lessons in life may follow. :cool::cool::cool:

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
Yep sloride, you nailed it. People are going to look at that red SS with mouths hanging open. Touch the DD's, catch a beating. Touch the SS, catch a beating.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have owned a lot of high profile cars. There are a lot of ways to kind of brush someone off without actually being a jerk about it. If for some reason you do not want to talk to someone just tell them thanks for the interest it is a lot of fun, I would love to talk about it but I am late and gotta run.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Next summer will be very attractive for people...it's going to be crazy:snaphappy: :snaphappy:...i think the SS gonna have a very good success and a lot of unit will be sold, so after 3-4-5 years people will recognize it and it will be a bit less attractive...Remember the first Spyder you see in 2008/2009...now when you see a Spyder, are you care?!

Novelty creates curiosity and with time it will dissipated a bit ... but never completely !!

·
Registered
31 Posts
On my first Spyder I would say that I had a conversation about it at every fuel stop save for about five. I enjoyed it. I did not enjoy so much the people pulling up alongside of me at 60 mph, driving with one hand and trying to take a picture with the other.

My favorite: North of San Francisco on a winter day I stopped for fuel in the heartland of the pot country of the Republic of Kalifornia. Because it was cold, I left all of my gear on as I fueled. This stoner dude walks around the corner of the gas station, sees me and says, "Duuude. Are you from outer space?" I told him I was looking for the mother ship and went on my way.

Yeah you will get attention. Don't use it to rob a bank and you should be fine.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Here is some funny questions i received with the T-Rex...you will hear same kind with your SS...

1-Its an electric car?(When i make full at gas station)....:p
2-Your Spyder look cool....:banghead:
3-When you turn...its the front wheels turn or the rear one...o_O
4-Is it street legal?...No:shifty:
5-This can pass speed bump?...No, every time we see one, we are forced to retreat:nailbiting:
6-Can we make wheelie?...:brb:
7-Is it you who built this machine?...Yes in another dimension!:Blackalien:
8-Is your machine powered by solar energy?...Ok,this old lady have around 75 years old...but!:shamefullyembarrased:

Maybe have some more but don't worry...your turn is coming!!!:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have owned a lot of high profile cars. There are a lot of ways to kind of brush someone off without actually being a jerk about it. If for some reason you do not want to talk to someone just tell them thanks for the interest it is a lot of fun, I would love to talk about it but I am late and gotta run.
I have too but in the fan videos I see it's lot more than just hey what year is the porsche/corvette. People are waving out the windows running alongside it. Totally different than what I'm used to

·
Registered
414 Posts
You'll be very popular in this thing. Most will be interested and ask out it. The hard core bikers will find a reason to hate on it. That seems to be the way it works. Get ready for both. Unfortunately, not all attention is good.

·
Registered
497 Posts
You'll be very popular in this thing. Most will be interested and ask out it. The hard core bikers will find a reason to hate on it. That seems to be the way it works. Get ready for both. Unfortunately, not all attention is good.
I'm a hard core Harley snob...but your right, the 1%'s will not like it...but their ole ladies will be wanting to ride in it :p:p:p I may have too put one of those "Ass, Gas or Grass...No free rides" stickers on it :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
843 Posts
This is the usual battle of the brands. Pepsi vs Coke ... Harley vs Sport Bike .... Mustang vs Camaro and soon SS vs T-Rex!
It's the spinning wheel and we will not change anything!

·
Registered
497 Posts
This is the usual battle of the brands. Pepsi vs Coke ... Harley vs Sport Bike .... Mustang vs Camaro and soon SS vs T-Rex!
It's the spinning wheel and we will not change anything!
Harley vs Sport Bike ?????? Come on man... Harley vs Indian... I can buy that, Harley vs Victory... I can buy that. I have had those discussions. Harley vs sport bike...not one time ever. But I get what you're saying and I'm just giving you a hard time. Okay okay, throwin Harley versus Boss Hoss :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts