Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought the 1320 Performance Header/Exhaust Combo from SlingMods. Have had the header for weeks. Sent it out, got it coated and still waiting for the exhaust to arrive. In the meantime getting things together for the install. Ordered and received two crush washers for the oxygen sensor and the bung plug.

This morning I went to the 1320 Performance website to look at the exhaust to see if I needed a special gasket to mate it to the header and what do I see? Another bung on the exhaust! That's three total. Why so many? I knew I should have bought that bag of ten crush washers! Now I don't have enough and they aren't locally available! Maybe the oxygen sensor just won't get a new one!

Couple of questions:
  1. Does anyone see an issue not using a new crush washer on the oxygen sensor?
  2. Do you think it makes any difference which bung port I use for the oxygen sensor?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
WIERD.... I only had two bungs on mine. No "special' gasket needed just get a new stock gasket set and you'll be fine. I love my 1320!

Sensor is in front hole....... You'll see why when you install.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
Use the bung that is same location as stock for O2 sensors, I think the others are for wideband.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WIERD.... I only had two bungs on mine. No "special' gasket needed just get a new stock gasket set and you'll be fine. I love my 1320!

Sensor is in front hole....... You'll see why when you install.
Two on the header and one on the exhaust.

polaris-slingshot-stainless-steel-header-1320-performance-6.jpg

1320-performance-polaris-slingshot-exhaust.jpg

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I ordered the 1320 Header a while ago, Still waiting for it to ship. But I didnt know I needed anything other than the header. Are you saying I need to buy a new gasket and these crush washers and stuff too in order for it to install properly?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered the 1320 Header a while ago, Still waiting for it to ship. But I didnt know I needed anything other than the header. Are you saying I need to buy a new gasket and these crush washers and stuff too in order for it to install properly?
No crush washers or gaskets came with the header, so I don't expect any to be with the exhaust either, we'll see.

I think some people have installed without crush washers, I've just always thought they should be there. Good luck finding them locally, I ordered mine from Summit Racing. They are 18mm id. I ordered a pack of two not knowing there was a third bung on the exhaust! So if you order a pack of ten, how about sending me one? I hate to order another pack because the handling charge was more than the washers.

As far as the gaskets for the header to block and header to exhaust, I will probably just reuse the originals.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
No crush washers or gaskets came with the header, so I don't expect any to be with the exhaust either, we'll see.

I think some people have installed without crush washers, I've just always thought they should be there. Good luck finding them locally, I ordered mine from Summit Racing. They are 18mm id. I ordered a pack of two not knowing there was a third bung on the exhaust! So if you order a pack of ten, how about sending me one? I hate to order another pack because the handling charge was more than the washers.

As far as the gaskets for the header to block and header to exhaust, I will probably just reuse the originals.
I would definitely recommend at least a new header to block gasket! The OEM is two thin connected metal pieces that crush to make the seal. Having a leak there would be much worse than elsewhere!

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
I would definitely recommend at least a new header to block gasket! The OEM is two thin connected metal pieces that crush to make the seal. Having a leak there would be much worse than elsewhere!
Yes I agree, the replacement Felpro gasket is cheap, so why not replace it? Its a real PIA to change it afterwards. I would change the header/exhaust triangular one too. Do it right once.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Looking at the pic, IMO I would use the one higher up and outside for EGT temps, as it sits very close the the engine, a bit too close for a wideband. The the 2nd post lower down I would use for the stock o2 sensor and the one farther down before the flex would be for the wideband o2.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Be happy the give you so many bungs to tap into.

When you don't have them, you have to pay a local exhaust and welder to put them in there for you. That cost extra $$$. It is nice they just come with them and you can easily plug them.

Reactions: Tripod

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Painter what vehicle do I tell them it is for when I go to the auto parts store? What about the doughnut gasket? Do I have to go to Polaris for that, or is it for the same vehicle as the header to block gasket?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
You can get both gaskets at the auto parts store!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts