Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering about Chris, Kip and any other dealers here opinion on this talk of delivery in a couple of weeks. Is it possible that they are getting inside info from Polaris that you guys aren't? It's not that I don't believe David Ethridge in his WOO HOO thread where his dealer is saying delivery in two weeks, just wondering how his dealer would have this info and not all dealers. Thanks

·
Registered
497 Posts
SSS, spent a couple hours yesterday at Freedom Powersports in Hurst TX. I was getting all my paperwork done, signing the power of attorney on my bike Ect. Everything is ready for the VIN # of the SS. I travel a lot for my work and wanted everything done in advance.

They are moving from that location to a very large complex (old BMW dealership) on Hwy 820 and are turning the existing complex into their central warehouse for all 5 stores. They had a large local moving company, with two moving trucks and about 15 mover guys going wide open. They had three motorcycle/ATV trailers with their own guys moving the bikes and ATV's. there was a definite
since of urgency and the GM for all their stores was there directing traffic.

Talking with him for a bit, He said the warehouse had to be cleaned out and ready by the end of next weekend. He said they are receiving no promise delivery dates. But he also said that if they were not ready to receive the SS's, They would go to the next dealer down the revenue totem pole. He assured me that would not happen, their working seven days a week to get ready.

This is really no new news, but I don't think they would be spending all that overtime if they did not believe delivery was sooner rather than later

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
We have an excellent relationship with our rep, I think it's the same guy for Ball, if I'm not mistaken, but I've still been hearing October in general, but maybe we'll have a clearer timeframe once we submit our display over.

I think Polaris may have to gauge how long it will take dealers to put up all of the displays and accessories too.

If anything, they won't show up sight unseen, we will get a few days notification from the shipment company and from Polaris when they are to be expected.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the bottom line is the dealers that are saying delivery within two weeks are giving their best/ educated guess ?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I think they feel comfortable with sticking with October delivery. They like the rest of us Are hoping earlier Rather than later in October

·
Vendor
554 Posts
We have an excellent relationship with our rep, I think it's the same guy for Ball, if I'm not mistaken, but I've still been hearing October in general, but maybe we'll have a clearer timeframe once we submit our display over.

I think Polaris may have to gauge how long it will take dealers to put up all of the displays and accessories too.

If anything, they won't show up sight unseen, we will get a few days notification from the shipment company and from Polaris when they are to be expected.

Yep... pretty much everything Kip said

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I get that you guys will get a few days advance notice, I was just wondering since a couple of members here have dealers telling them to bring in their bike for trade and it will be here in a couple of weeks that they might have some kind of info you guys don't. I'd assume by your reply's that you have no knowledge of this being the case. Thanks for your time!

·
Vendor
554 Posts
I get that you guys will get a few days advance notice, I was just wondering since a couple of members here have dealers telling them to bring in their bike for trade and it will be here in a couple of weeks that they might have some kind of info you guys don't. I'd assume by your reply's that you have no knowledge of this being the case. Thanks for your time!

Correct no knowledge that would suggest otherwise... However I don't think it would be impossible that they have recieved some other information from somewhere. I dont really like to share information or suggest something unless I have a strong reason to believe the information is accurate. Makes me look stupid if im worng ;)

·
Registered
497 Posts
SSS,

Freedom Powersports is one of the largest, if not the largest Polaris dealer in this region and their GM over all their stores basically said that they have no new info on delivery other than they could get by-passed on the first delivery's if their showrooms were not ready. They are still hoping for an October delivery, but they don't know if that's the 1st or 31st.

There was a period of my life that "Gathering" info from people was my job. Admittedly there was no blood on the ground and no broken bones :cool::cool::cool:, but I I used all my "VERBAL" skills and got no new Intel. He either did not know anything new or I am getting old and not so intimidating anymore...maybe both :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Did Polaris deliver the new Scout's before they said they would . I think they just came out last month ?
Polaris has a much better recorded of product delivery compared to others. For instance, Honda, promised waiting customers that the new Pioneer side by side would be out in May, they just finally delivered the first unit to my dealer last week leaving another waiting customer furious.
This is one of the reason so many dealers are nervous about making any promises or predictions to waiting customers and this is why my dealer will not comment until he has an invoice. They have been burned many times in the past with this stuff.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Yep, believe me, I won't hesitate to tell everyone the moment we know when we're getting ours either.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
" Correct no knowledge that would suggest otherwise... However I don't think it would be impossible that they have recieved some other information from somewhere. I dont really like to share information or suggest something unless I have a strong reason to believe the information is accurate. Makes me look stupid if im worng ;) "

-Makes sense, I'd rather be surprised with an early delivery than disappointed in a later than promised delivery

" Yep, believe me, I won't hesitate to tell everyone the moment we know when we're getting ours either. "

-I don't doubt that you will, 49 years old and this trying to have patience shit is getting on my nerves

1 - 20 of 77 Posts