Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a ton of options for this. Since this is something you're likely not going to drive in the rain. I looked at some tire options for the car. From very high performance street tires to R-compounds.

For the front, well you'd have to change up the wheel/tire combo since it's a grandma sized tire. Personally, I'm hoping to upgrade the front brakes to something larger (perhaps stick some aftermarket wheels on).

Anyways, OEM Rear (on the non-SL) is a 265/30/18, I'm sure you can squeeze on a 275/35/18. Some options (priced from Tire Rack)
- Michelin Pilot Super Sports ($242)
- Hankook Ventus R-S3 ($245)
- Hankook Ventus Z214 ($256)
- Toyo Proxes R888 ($257)
- Dunlop Direzza Z2 ($265)
- Khumo Ecsta XS ($280)
- Toyo Proxes RR ($285)
- BFGoodrich g-Force R1 ($322)
- Hoosier A6 ($341)
- Hoosier R6 ($341)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I read the stock wheels are forged aluminum, perhaps something like an Enkei RFP1 will be a bit lighter. I'm anxious to understand the driving feel of one of these, but with some really sticky tires, I'm sure it will transform the performance of it.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I read the stock wheels are forged aluminum, perhaps something like an Enkei RFP1 will be a bit lighter. I'm anxious to understand the driving feel of one of these, but with some really sticky tires, I'm sure it will transform the performance of it.
What, No interest in the $300 Kenda ?;)

·
Registered
776 Posts
I will be way down the list of SS owners that toast their tires. I just wont drive mine that hard. I will see what seems to work well for others. I will let the REAL HOT RODDER'S on the forum be my guinea pig.:)

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
The stock SS wheels are cast and the upgraded SL wheels are forged. And I agree, the performance will dramatically increase over the $60 Kenda ($300 Kenda "Slingshot") tires.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
I have also noticed a LOT of cupping on both sides of the rear tire - which makes sense. I wonder how this will play out on a really soft tire?

·
Registered
109 Posts
1-Buy a SS
2-Kill those Kenda's while having a blast
3-Buy better tires and have a lot more fun including more control ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts