Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about tinting the inside of my blade windshield. Has anybody tried it yet. How do you think the vision would be?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Steve, you're normally looking over the top of the windscreen, just like any other motorcycle. The tint is only for cosmetic purposes, but it would look cool. If you have the SL, look for a bright red tint. I'd be looking for chrome or very dark limousine tint for my gray one.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I may be interested in selling my factory windshield to purchase a taller one. If any one is interested in mine PM me. Thanks

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Apparently you don't want to tint this type of plastic; accordingly to a local tint guy.

They say the best way to tint this is to paint it like blacking out headlights or tail lights.

I am getting a second opinion on this and will also be looking into perforated vinyl to see if there is any good options.

Reactions: Br4hm4

·
Registered
891 Posts
Apparently you don't want to tint this type of plastic; accordingly to a local tint guy.

They say the best way to tint this is to paint it like blacking out headlights or tail lights.

I am getting a second opinion on this and will also be looking into perforated vinyl to see if there is any good options.
Use a plastic dip spray easy to remove if you dont like it anymore

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm wanting to tint the windshield also but...Im very afraid that anything sprayed on will have a petroleum based carrier and therefore fog the windshield. Might end up looking like an old set of plastic headlight lenses. You would definantly want to do a test shot on a Non visable area first.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Has anyone tinted their blade or dual windscreen? I am wanting to do it but wanted to see how it came out before I try it on the Polycarbonate made windscreen.

·
Registered
977 Posts
You can NOT use the car window type tint film. The plexi type windscreens continually outgas. At first the film will look good but it will eventually bubble.

·
Banned
231 Posts
There's a tint film sold at Walmart that I'm sure would work. Comes in several shades & is removable & reusable, so I'm certain there wouldn't be any problems

1 - 16 of 16 Posts