Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else's tilt lever extremely hard to push up into the lock position with the column all the way up. It is a lot easier if it is 1 position down from the top. All the way up and I feel like I'm going to break it. It makes a loud clunk noise when it finally locks in that position. All other tilt positions are relatively easy to secure with no noise.

Stephen

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Anyone else's tilt lever extremely hard to push up into the lock position with the column all the way up. It is a lot easier if it is 1 position down from the top. All the way up and I feel like I'm going to break it. It makes a loud clunk noise when it finally locks in that position. All other tilt positions are relatively easy to secure with no noise.

Stephen
same here.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I lock the wheel in the up position since I'm not a small guy in the waist and mid section and it makes it easier to get in and out. I don't necessarily use the wheel for entering and exiting but if I do grab it I don't want it to move. I always use the tilt in all my cars so why not in this too?

Stephen

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
This locking mechanism is somewhat of a known issue. I experienced a broken tilt lock on some demos I've worked with. Be careful using the lock. Too much finesse might push it out of alignment. If you treat the lock good, it will treat you good back.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
why do you need to lock it when it's all the way up? You're not driving it that way are you?
I do. I can't drive it without it being all the way up. The lock is a bit stiff. Just push it and it will lock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts