Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread someone brought up the idea for a "tickets Issued" map to go along with the owners map.

http://bit.ly/1ss8lsk

If you need/want to be included for something you did.....post up what you would like disclosed for the "Title" & "Description" on the map, city/state, and what color of SS you have!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
In another thread someone brought up the idea for a "tickets Issued" map to go along with the owners map.

http://bit.ly/1ss8lsk

If you need/want to be included for something you did.....post up what you would like disclosed for the "Title" & "Description" on the map, city/state, and what color of SS you have!
Yea, maybe we can have our own version of the cannonball run and get tickets all over the country

·
Registered
92 Posts
Speeding ticket issued on first day of delivery. Location Spanish fork canyon U.S. 6 in Utah westbound. once know as the deadliest highway in the country stopped for 82 in a 65. Red SS

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speeding ticket issued on first day of delivery. Location Spanish fork canyon U.S. 6 in Utah westbound. once know as the deadliest highway in the country stopped for 82 in a 65. Red SS
You are on the map!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just make sure the insurance companies can't see this map!;) We don't need any more help in perpetuating the concept that this is just a "roadster jet fighter", or other such statements. Polaris did a good enough job of that to begin with through their marketing! :wideyed:

Reactions: Slingking

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just make sure the insurance companies can't see this map!;) We don't need any more help in perpetuating the concept that this is just a "roadster jet fighter", or other such statements. Polaris did a good enough job of that to begin with through their marketing! :wideyed:
It's a hypothetical map to document those times when you're out driving the legal speed limit and pass a police officer.

"IF I was speeding at mile marker 62 on the 14th, I WOULD HAVE received a ticket."

That's how the map works.

;) ::: big wink the size of a Kardashian's butt ::: ;)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha, I did rename the map so it will not be as easily indexed!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Lol. Way ta go Al. I got mobed by three motor patrol officers at a gas station in Moore a couple weeks ago. 40 questions, we shook hands and all departed with big ole grins.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Now that is a beautiful highway. I have been through there and I can fully understand you wanting to go a little fast. You were on highway US 6. Ever look at a map and see where that highway starts and ends?

At one time it was the longest US route. Now, still might be, not sure. It used to go all the way to Los Angeles but they now bring it to an end at US 395 in NE California on the east side of the Sierras.

At the other end it starts/ends at the very tip of Cape Cod. Some like to call (advertising campaign) US 50 the 'Loneliest Highway in America,' but US 6 actually is between Utah and California. There are some valleys you cross, and as you come over a hill you can see for miles, like 15 to 20 all the way straight across and up the other side. Take the entire route sometime just for fun.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yea, maybe we can have our own version of the cannonball run and get tickets all over the country
No no. When you quote from or about a movie that denotes cross country speed, use GUMBALL RALLY and not Cannonball run. Gumball was much better and I should probably mention that I might be a little biased since I owned the black and white Dodge Polara police car featured all the way cross country in the movie.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If I was going to get a ticket for speeding......it would be my first in 42 years.....I wish I would just be pulled to ask questions about my SS. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts